It’s not necessary to go to a design school to become a successful designer, but it forces you to learn the theory and basic concept of design before putting it into practice. Otherwise you’ll have to gain this knowledge by yourself, which can be a long and hard process.
In my experience from hiring designers, a great portfolio is definitely worth more than a degree.
It appears you system administrator has been in a coma for over five years and you are still using IE7 …
You must be the geekiest geek in the whole geek universe of Envato
Great! Now I need this new Macbook Pro
Loose the borders, the overall appearance will be much cleaner and friendlier.
It’s a good start but needs some improvement. Here is what I would change:
- the social media buttons drain to much attention. They need to be much smaller, less ‘popping’ and on the right side of the page, since the left top corner is where the user looks first.
- the primary navigation is to small compared to the social icons. Also the hover style is to hard, and doesn’t fit into the overall look of the page.
- the dark pink and bright pink proportion is off. Consider using the 1/3 or 1/4 rule here.
- the post structure needs to ‘cleaned up’ as well. Here you also have to decide what is important, and what is not. E.g. the tags look nice but seem to outshine everything else.
- same thing applies to the sidebar.
Hope this helps
Don’t worry, there is another trend going on: Building botnets by utilizing [irony] very professional, competent and obviously very successful [/irony] web-designers, aka ‘honey-potted’ WordPress themes.
Some people need to get hacked, banned by their hosting provider and fired from their web-design projects, in order to realize that sharing sites do not exist for the sake of charity. In the end the question remains, was it worth those lousy 35 dollars?
That’s one of the good customers, he’s asking for the manual, and not for you to do his job for him
Tell him the exact location of the manual, and also explain that there is an index.html file (if so) he needs to open with this browser.