This is our initial concept for Boomerang Theme (rejected PSD ): http://www.flickr.com/photos/bringthepixel/with/4949295504/Reviewer words:
1. This is not aesthetic ready for psd template category. 2. This is more suitable for site template category and almost ready for that. I recommend to directly convert this into HTML /CSS and re-submit.
So we developed further and further the initial concept You can see accepted WP version here: http://boomerang.bringthepixel.com/
As you can see there is a big difference between before|after – thanks to reviewer.
OMG . Did I say reviewer?
WP 3 “background feature” works like this
- increase line-height
- restyle contact form – there is so much wasted white space
- increase contrast: maybe with more solid colors
I’m trying to edit my item description and all I get is this message:
Please review the following issues that occurred * Documentation must specify a value
Maybe I am blind or missing something?
maybe mod_rewrite doesn’t work
You know I haven’t read the full thread but I understand where you are coming from – I have definite prrof that the sales of an item are dependant on the day they are reviewed and up for sale [...]
I just wanted to say that it doesn’t really matter when it goes online as you will have 7 days of sale on the homepage weekend or non weekend. My Xero theme and Stuff theme, both wordpress, both came out on the same day, mine got 8 sales and stuff got 30+ so it doesn’t really affect the sales what day it came out.Just my two cents
Please do some math
1. Release on friday -> 4-6 days on front-page with 5 sales per day -> you’re very very lucky to be in “weekly top sellers” list
2. Release on monday -> 4-6 days on front page with 5 sales per day -> you’re pretty sure to be in that list -> more sales
As I said before:
“weekly top sellers list” based on last 7 days = I don’t care about review time or release day
But it’s very unlikelyHi, that’s really useful thanks & true because most Site templates are moved onto the second page because of the hectic WordPress submissions.But it’s similar to WordPress submissions as well. I really don’t care if WordPress, Site Template, or Email Template pushed down my item from front-page
Put your WP item on front-page. Then there are so-called-by-you hectic WP submissions and your item is no longer on front-page. So that is why I don’t care about ‘category’.
Hi, that’s really useful thanks & true because most Site templates are moved onto the second page because of the hectic WordPress submissions.
But it’s similar to WordPress submissions as well. I really don’t care if WordPress, Site Template, or Email Template pushed down my item from front-page
Here is my point of view:
“Weekly top sellers list” is generated based on sales from monday to sunday, not last 7 days. So if you haven’t got a super-sales-generator item you must prepare for some tricky timing , because you want to put your item on front-page for as many days (from the same week) as possible.
Assuming that front-page exposure takes 4-5 days, the worst day to put your iitem is friday.
So it is really helpful to know standard review time.
“weekly top sellers” from last 7 days = I don’t care about review time
- Remove that ugly glow from logo + change logo text color to something brighter
- I think standard text has too much contrast (it’s pure black on pure white).
- Try to balance the header. Right now the right side is practically empty.
- Try to group related/similar elements. Comment count on blog pages lives in another world
- Zebra efect in post comments: I think it’s good idea to highlight only odd comments not all