Posts by cg219

153 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
cg219 says

Haven’t heard anything recently about the API , is it still being worked on?? Was wondering if there will be support for more advanced things such as money withdrawl or purchasing.

153 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
cg219 says

Im Down

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

Haha, cool, and my tweet got previewed as an example. =]

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

Nice application =]

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

I’m currently working on a 3D Flash site and I decided to use Flash 10 3D instead of Papervision3D. I felt it would be overkill to use Papervision for this project since we couldn’t get our animated 3d models into Papervision successfully. As everyone knows or some who don’t, FP10 ’s z sorting is non-existent. I needed to have floating panels zoom up to show maximized version of the panel. The problem is that, scaling them up, if it is not at the top of the DisplayList, it would show the other panels in front of it still.

http://kreativeking.com/?p=530

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

I know last week I said we will be learning about a custom class, but I think I’ll hold that one for next week. This week we are going to check out a quick and useful tip that I didn’t even know about until a couple of days ago for selecting XML and XMLList nodes.

http://kreativeking.com/?p=483

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

Thanks, stay tuned for net week. I have some pretty useful ones. =D

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

Welcome back everyone for the 3rd installment of the Cool Flash Tip of the Week Series. This week we are going to take a look at a new class introduced with Flash Player 10. Say hello to the Vector Class.

http://kreativeking.com/?p=477

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says

This thread sure did get popular

153 posts
+2 more
cg219 says
stop… there are 1 million of different solutions to make the same thing…

spot on :).

Another one I like to use is having one event handler for several event types such as…

private function mouseEventHandler(e:*):void
{
    switch(e.type)
    {
       case MouseEvent.CLICK:
         // code here
       break;

case KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP:
         // code here
       break;

case Event.SOUND_COMPLETE:
         // code here
       break;
    }
}
You may end up with a large function but it keeps alot of your event handling central, with less functions… and switching isn’t very computational :)

Same here, I try to stay way from the * type. I group Mouses Events though or anything related in that way so I can type the event.

by
by
by
by
by
by