152 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
cg219 says
I suggest you to use tertiary operators only for very simple if else statements, never abuse with them (like in the example)... they are hard to read and to understand after couple of days.

Reducing the number of lines is useless and it’s just a nerdy operation, don’t compact the code all the time. It’s better to write more lines to keep the code readable also when you open it after many days or weeks.

There are no advantages and commonly accepted good programming practices suggest to avoid them.

Then, the use of default values for function parameters is an always valid practice, not only for the events listeners, but for every function. Typing the variables and using default values help a lot to reduce unexpected bugs.

Its true, its advisable not not to string Tertiary statements past If..Else, but its good to know that you can and I think its helpful when the values are simple and are in parenthesis like this

variable = (test 1) ? value1 : (test2) ? value2 : value 3;

Also, passing default variables is pretty common, but I see a lot of people not using it when it comes to Event Handlers, only with regular functions. So I figure I point that you can use them in handlers as well.

Thanks for the feedback, There will be a new tip every week. So stay tuned for more.

Any more suggestions to tips? ( Speed, uncommon classes, open source, etc ) ??

Thanks again

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says
Any iphone developer here? I’ve bought two books today, and prepared to learn some Cocoa.

It’s kind of difficult, Im a registered Developer though. Nothing past Hello World. I don’t think Im fully motivated since I don’t have an iPhone.

Nokia ALL DAY !! =D

Nokia N97

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

Well I’ll be in there all day, so if you see me, say ‘ello!! lol

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

It never occurred to me to post this here, but I have started a new series on my blog in which I present a new Cool Flash Tip every week. Usually something helpful and not well known (hopefully). If anyone has some suggestions, Shoot me an email or just post it here on the forum, or message me on twitter @cg219 ( http://www.twitter.com/cg219 ).

Thanks =D

Cool Flash Tip # 1 – Tertiary Operator http://kreativeking.com/?p=412

Cool Flash Tip # 2 – Events http://kreativeking.com/?p=432

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

I think most places that sell stock require you provide the source so that the buyer can customize it to their needs. Anyone have suggestions for this person??

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

ID3 tags should be added to the assets Library for Music. If need be i can email it to whoever is in charge of that.

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

awwwwww, that does make sense

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says

Can we use Mainstream songs ( On the Radio ) in our previews as long as we do not provide them in the downloaded files??

152 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cg219 says
With this new system, the downloads page should be done with. SO they can download that first time. Maybe get a confirmation email which states if they get it or not, then it is removed from their page not to be downloaded again.
Even if it was removed they still have the files either on their local machine, personal server or clients server. So it wouldn’t really help out.

true but still gets rid of the option of downloading it whenever they feel like it over again. What is the whole purpose of that anyway??

Would there anyway to implement some kind of license number to open the files. Hmmm I’m not sure, I’m not a security person but there must be a way to minimize piracy, there’s never going to be a 100% efficient way but should be more than just a trust policy.

by
by
by
by
by
by