3681 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

On my monitor the seconds and hours are not aligned.

Obviously its down to you but for me the triangles just do not work at all. If you really want to have them then I suggest making them MUCH bigger and centralizing the type/numbers rather than having it pushed up again one edge

Other than that the type in the footer need improvement and there is still not enough to it to compete with others on here

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Subscription Based: By Envato licensing, you’d only be able to sell this on an extended license, so every sale would have to be $2k+

Not the theme being subscription but the theme’s ability to allow owners to sell products and services on subscription basis. eg. Scheduled cleaning services, Birchbox, scheduled car pool etc

Firstly even for the “option to sell on a subscription basis” if that’s what ends up happening a buyer would need the extended license, and my guess is that the potential audience for this type of theme is limited enough let alone if you ask them to pay into the thousands of $. With this in mind authors are always going to head for the more profitably option.

I am not against new ideas and always like seeing alternative concepts reaching here but reasons remain why it would be hard to implement.

Even not “swanky” requires a pretty heavy amount of work invested against a very limited audience to purchase

Also while I have no doubt that authors like Tom or Ruben could handle this type of site with their eyes closed and the various plugins that exist that could help, WP is not really meant for that type of business from a functionality or security point of view. We are looking at exactly what you see talking about in a simple service provider directory based on subscription and PHP and some simple CMS where necessary in places is by far and way the better option.

It is a nice idea but as someone who works heavily with new tech startups in my main job, it comes down to one thing… To make any business work takes (in 99.9% of cases) the initial investment in time and effort to get the right tools and requirements. That would be the same with all the links you posted above, and if it is a web based solution then investing in a properly robust, custom built (i.e. not others out there that look the same), that is optimized to function the way it is intended is the biggest and most important investment a buyer could make.

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

iKreativ is right about the hierarchy, there is also a lot of validation issues that will only get worse if you don’t fix them before coding anything else, footer is incomplete, header elements don’t align, portfolio rollover needs rethinking, typography needs work throughout

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

I agree with all above PLUS you have over 80 validation bugs

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Several validation issues, logo is weak, general structure of individual item posts could be better laid out, all men, other sand accessories pages are empty which feels unfinished and lazy,

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Alignment and spacing is all over the place. Typography needs work. It looks unfinished in places, the header and footer need re thinking, generally the design looks incomplete and oputdated

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Typography needs rethinking, the triangles especially in the counter looks pixelated and don’t really work, there needs more to it. Right now just the counter and a clever transition into a contact form does not compete against what is already on offer with much higher design standards

3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says
3681 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

I understand you are allowing “upgrading” of files but not “downgrading”, however is there a list of what constitutes a sufficient alteration to a file?

The variations policy states “It has been rebuilt to primarily serve the purpose of the extended functionality (eg. eCommerce) ok so the judge of this is down to the reviewers knowledge and opinion? I think it would be wise to have a slightly more definitive explanation or criteria of change (unless I have been stupid and missed it)

by
by
by
by
by
by