Posts by chrisakelley

3114 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
Hey guys! I’ve been lucky enough not to have a client who’s wanted music embedded into their website until now. At least it’s not one of those cheesy auto playing theme music stuff of the past but rather a guy who just needs to demonstrate the sound of the instruments he’s selling on his website.

In the past I just did the ol’ tag but I know that doesn’t validate anymore. I also need it to be as cross browser compatible as possible.

Is a jquery plugin the best way to go? What about a Flash player? Does anyone know the best way to embed an audio file that’s as cross browser compatible as possible?

http://plugins.jquery.com/project/oiplayer

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Inset problems with Safari

You guys seem to know a lot about Safari and I have a similar inset issue.

I was playing around with an old business site of mine getting ready by testing how I will utilise XHTML , CSS and JavaScript so everything validates and browsers only download what they need to progressively enhance towards a CSS3 experience.

I had to change the rules I gave to Webkit (Which also degrades Google Chrome) because Safari incorrectly rendered my original page. I ended up using a gradient instead.

http://www.itevolution.co.uk is my fix. Compare Safari with Firefox, IE9 or Opera 10.

I put the original page at http://www.itevolution.co.uk/safari.html so you can see the Safari issue and also see that Chrome behaves.

Interestingly, my CSS3 style-sheet would not validate until I put the shadow value as the last value in the box-shadow property.

box-shadow: inset 0 -8px 12px 0 #6bf, inset 0 -8px 0 8px #48c, inset 0 -35px 15px -10px #7ad, 5px 10px 16px rgba(66, 140, 240, 0.5);

Would like to get Webkit on-board with my insets.

Any Help appreciated.

if you want full cross-browser support CSS3 it will not validate because you have to use prefixes and make sure your using the latest version of safari inset box shadow works fine, it doesnt work in safari 4 however

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
You get to brew beer in your office? I’m jealous!

+10000000000

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
i just purchased liquid magazine and it’s not auto-sizing the images and looks like a mess. it says it’s supposed to autosize them but it’s certainly not. any help is appreciated! thank you! michael

have you tried to contact the author through there profile page? and do you have a live link

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

congrats very talented

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
I have even came accross the ripped verssion of the template … so can i use it to show the customer and once he accepts it… i will purchase the template…. Just asking if that would be fine….

no, just point them to the demo found on themeforest

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
Hello every one ,

I design websites for my customers … Recently i got a client whose requirements all most meet to a template available on themeforest for sale.

So i wanted to ask if i can purchase the template from here and then modify it to my clients exact requirements and charge him for it.. ?

I will be using the template only for one client and i am interested in regular licence ..

Please reply…

Yes theres alot of designers that do that but I suggest you tell your client that it is a template and is not a complete custom job, even if you modify it to beyond recognition(clears up confusion if they see something similar and go wtf they stole my site)

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
I need one :(
ditto

double ditto :)

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
Hello people… everytime i make a design it seems to not be a proved can anyone tell me whats wrong with this design (its in 5 jpegs sorry)

www.kiiddo.nl/home.jpg www.kiiddo.nl/about.jpg www.kiiddo.nl/services.jpg www.kiiddo.nl/solutions.jpg www.kiiddo.nl/contacts.jpg

i hope anyone can tell me what to aprove so i can post it on themeforest

best regards Digi-Templates

what category are you trying to submit it to? and take a look at some of the premiums items here and that’ll give you some idea what you have to change my initial thought, redesign the whole thing there isnt much there to be honest

3114 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
I only use @Font-face these days. You can’t use custom fonts faster than this: http://code.google.com/webfonts

+1 plus Im not a huge fan of adding extra javascript(the ones Im currently working on has alot of it anyways)

by
by
by
by
by
by