You guys are really fast! I don’t think I’ve ever done a same day job.
For me it depends on what kind of file.
1) Backgrounds are fastest and I can probably do those in 1 or 2 days. .
2) Flyers, brochures, and menus would usually take me one week .
3) Corporate identity and stationary would probably take me a couple of weeks
This always includes letting everything sit for a day or so without looking at it. Usually I find that when I return to it with fresh eyes I spot a lot of things that are simply wrong and a lot of mistakes.
I also always leave the file for a day before uploading to make sure I avoid any mistakes with previews, thumbnails, description etc.
I don’t know much about using SEO techniques and marketing your items, I don’t do much of that myself.
I think the main difference that separates us from elite authors are 3 things:
1) They have a huge portfolio, which creates a lot more visibility .
2) They have top selling items in the categories they are interested in. Ranking in the top sales with a killer item will draw you lots of traffic. .
3) They have a huge following. As soon as they publish an item they have sales guaranteed from their followers/loyal customers
All of the above are built via long term effort.
I have noticed that: the more (quality!) items I upload, the more I sell. And more sales draw more traffic and again more sales. It’s a spiral.
So your best bet is to keep producing quality items. And then start deciding on whether it’s worth your while when you’ve had 30 items up for sale for a year.
I’m not making top bucks, but I do notice that my sales are steady since I passed a certain threshold both in terms of sales and portfolio depth.
Hope this helps
Ok, here’s a feat I’m definitely proud of: one of my stationery items is now the best-selling stationery on GraphicRiver.
There are others ahead of me in the category which are only invoices, only resumes or only proposal templates. However at this moment there is no better selling stationery/identity package.
Horray! Now that’s definitely not something I would’ve ever have expected to achieve! So, I’m very proud of that!
499 … dang, about time I submitted sth new
Hopefully this will be the longest thread in hirstory … and mean that everybody posts their achievements here instead of spamming the forum
While I do think it’s nice to be happy about your achievements the GR forum was 99% “yay I got a sale” threads and quite frankly it got out of hand!
So thumbs up to this initiative and looking forward to the GR forum gaining some substance again!
Now I’ll have to think about my amazing feats … hmmm
Browsing through party flyer templates I saw that many of them have quite fancy main titles with elaborate text styles.
I was wondering if generally these were editable?
That would mean that flyer authors create elaborate actions/styles for each of heir flyers? Or how does this work?
Or many of them simply not editable?
If a man has the balls to apologise then I’m no-one to refuse. All good, big happy GR family
1) I didn’t tell a lie, I was (probably) incorrect. I aplogise if I said sth incorrect about one of your items.
In fact one of my own items fetaures well known artist names in the preview. I always thought that “slipped through”. So I wasn’t talking down to you, I just saw your item and thought: “maybe that’s why…”
No ill intentions, no malicious lies, no negative vibes. Don’t be offended, no offence intended.
2) I am no-one. I am not half the designer many others are here. In fact I’m a hobbyist. I’m here to learn and improve my skills. I have a day job, I just do this for fun. So I don’t consider myself “someone” – I am very aware of my limitations.
3) You will get your grey paw – it’s surprisingly easy. Kudos to Envato for that.
Yes, I do think that many of your posts are aggressive and self righteous. But that is my opinion, just like you think I’ma jerk – that’s cool. Remember, this is the virtual world. Nothing here really matters. Who knows, maybe in the real world you’re actually a nice guy
Peace and good luck
P.S.: Toivo just meant that it was good not to just shout back. Thx Toivo I’m not actually a classy guy, I like beer and football … lol
“STUDY before throwing crap on me.”
I may not have studied copyright law. I may even be wrong in what I said. I did however speak to you in an educated manner.
I didn’t give you hate. However reading every thread you’ve posted here so far seems quite hateful, ill mannered and ill spoken.
I find it surprising that you keep throwing insults around and request help and kindness in return.