Posts by ck101

24 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • New Zealand
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
ck101 says

This tutorial over at PSD tuts might be just what you are looking for: How to Turn a Texture into a Seamlessly Tiled Background

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Server not found

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Considering Windows XP accounts for 53 per cent of operating systems, compared to 22 per cent for Windows 7, I can forsee IE8 becoming another IE6 that will be around for decades.

“Ryan Gavin, senior director of IE business and marketing, said Microsoft would not put IE9 hardware acceleration features in the current version of its browser, IE8 , or back port IE9 to older PCs running Windows XP.”

Full article: Running Windows XP? No Internet Explorer 9 For You

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Great little script here for external links:

Open External Links in New Window Automatically

So just grab the code from the link and paste into into JS file and call it something like external.js. Add it to the pages of your website and your done.

The script automatically detects any external links on your website and opens them in a new window.

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Sounds good, thanks. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Projecturf has some innovative features that you may want to check out in addition to very slick user interface.

For some other good examples of awesome user interface design in Project Management apps can check out Subernova and Action Method.

Will you be integrating any type of basic reporting features? Similar to FreshBooks where you have various reports available for Finance, Invoice and Timesheet. Maybe you could integrate a simplified version.

For client details will you be implementing fields for adding domain details and automatic notifications for domain renewals and so on?

Any type of simple graph within dashboard to show some basic yet useful data ie earnings to date?

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says
Since there could be lot of things going on with the project (milestones, comments, todo’s, writeboards, messages…more) it’s difficult to determine the project status, so you will have to manually update it…., If you can give some tips, i can make it automated as well.

Actually, I think the manual updating of milestones etc by admin is probably the best option, given that they really need to make sure that work is completed correctly and to their satisfaction.

As for project proposals etc, an example of something similar that is being integrated into the upcoming Wordpress Client Machine theme has been done very nicely, (only preview of proposal page available).

If I think of a any extraordinary feature’s I will be sure to post them here.

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Sounds like you have all the boxes ticked. Looking forward to the release of this app.

How about user level access etc. As an example:

I have a client project and i wish to give Contractor A access to so that they can do some design work on the project and also give Contractor B access do some programming work on the project. They then have the ability to update project status or is this automatic or left upto admin?. Contractors only have access to the specific project that they have been given access to.

As an example, Mavenlink implement this quite well.

I know you have integrated invoicing. How about things like Project Proposals, Quotes etc? Though these would just be extra features that would be nice to have.

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

Unify CMS is awesome, easy to implement as well. The only thing is that you are unable to give it your own branding.

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says
Is there any feature which you might be interested in or you think everyone will love it… / it will make their life easier?????

You may have already implemented this feature, but certainly good to have the ability to upload a screen shot of a client design which the client can actually view within the application itself and optionally post comments/feedback. This in addition to client being able to upload/download files.

Is there also project tracking? For example, client can view project status ie design phase 50% complete.

24 posts
  • New Zealand
ck101 says

As much as I deplore IE6 , I will rarely buy a theme off TF if it does not support it. It also gives me confidence in the theme creator and their coding abilities, in that they are concientious enough to ensure that their theme is both as accessible and usable as it possibly can be.

If a theme is missing png support in IE6 , it’s not that big a deal as it is a quick fix to implement. However, if a theme looks like crap in IE6 and loses its functionality then I tend to think either the coder is lazy or lacks coding expertise.

On the rare occasion that i do buy a theme which does not support IE6 , I end up adding the support myself.

by
by
by
by
by
by