Posts by contrastblack

2683 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

scottchauvette, please contact the author of your theme regarding the issues you’re having. This thread was referring to the marketplace itself. Thread locked.

+19 more

It’s actually quite amazing to see how people have improved since the beginnings of 3DOcean. That chair is looking really pro contrastblack! Man I should stop by the forums more often again. It’s just been so busy lately.

Ah cut it out dude :D thanks ever so much, for this, AND the exceptionally motivating reviewer comment, which as usual strikes a chord. And the right one if I may add.

Regarding previews, ever considered a gif? not for the whole animation, but 10-30 frames of a specific movement would work great imho.

Here’s my last 2 hours doodle… everything is polygon modeling with a touch of nurbs for the milk. \\

http://drbl.in/fzWP
+19 more

...where you share files for free.
Some well know authors doing this…

Well then, some well known authors, should know better. :D

haha, came across many profiles with following format: I am cool and not only sell here but giveaway my files for FREE , don’t miss them!

That’s what reporting is for… it’s not being mean, but seriously, it drives trafic away from the markeplace, and hence from everyones files.

+19 more

I think something got lost in translation. I don’t think that adding a link to your own “non-commercial” portfolio to your own profile page / item / even in the item download readme is against the rules. The only thing that’s not allowed is linking to competing marketplaces or other locations where you share files for free.

Pehraps you could share the message prior / after your disablement? that could clear things up. Cheers.

+19 more

Thread inactive for 15+ days, locked.

p.s: Linking to your own items is not allowed on the forums :) more to that here:

http://3docean.net/community/forum_rules
+19 more

Thinking of drawing lines with pencil on screen monitor so I can see progress bar status, since envato cannot make freaking %

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I swear that’s the only method worth using! Having a 26’’+ screen does help (more room for new lines) :D

I always force-shut down chrome and all tabs once every few weeks. 6 hours later, I’ve got 15+ tabs full of “must read content” that I never get to read up to the next force clear. It’s not that I don’t focus, just that I feel like I’m absorbing the content by simply leaving them open :D

+19 more

Awesome stuff Matthias! Just read through it, totally worth the time, and besides, whenever there’s something related to one of our fellow authors / staff, I’m happy and excited to read about it :D

Congrats mate!

+19 more

I may be weird, but I just wanted to see if I was alone in thinking this, although I probably should have made the title “Why such a weird/bewildering set of purchasing options?”

if you wish, for 2$ I am willing to change the topic title for you :D

Jokes aside, I get your point, but there may be some changes in the future (and this is a personal statement, not something I know of for sure, because frankly I have no clue of future development plans) that the surcharge might become a percentage rather than a fixed amount, but if you look at it from the other side of the fence, and notice that a 40$ theme being sold with a 2$ surcharge is quite decent, and it’s not that disturbing.

Also, regarding your soda-machine example, I love it, I really do, but I can’t say I’ve had the chance to do that. If I want to buy a pack of cigarettes with my card, I need to purchase 2 and up, or no cigar… so to say. I know what you’ll say… “what country do you live in??!” but that sort of beats the purpose of this discussion. Fact of the matter is, as astounding as it might be, it’s not much of a “win” for Envato if they charge the 2$ for one-off purchases, and nor is the “one-off” purchase of a 6$ (or less) item, for it to cover the transaction expences.

p.s: itunes, funny you should bring that up, given the existence of prepaid cards :D

p.s2: the amazon purchase example doesn’t really hold water either, since you’d be paying your “surcharge” within the neatly calculated shipping costs. Ever thought of that ?

Cheers.

+19 more

Hi WernerCD,

I know the options seem a bit useless, but keep in mind that any “one-off” purchase using a credit card also involves a processing fee which in this case is supported by Envato. Also, together with the deposit option, it’s part of an attempt to win you over as a customer, in case you are satisfied with your first purchase. There’s nothing wrong with that really… It’s a simple trade off, and frankly, if one were to follow a specific logic, 6+2 is clearly lower than 20, and hence, it fits the needs of MOST buyers.

I know this doesn’t help you further in any way, just wanted to clarify the fact that these options are there for a reason, and not just meant to suck up cash from “unwilling buyers” :D

CB.

+19 more

I guess the Upload option positioned to motivate frequent uploads on GR and similar marketplace authors
I sure hope the repositioning wasn’t based solely on motivation, since what really should be done to motivate GR authors to upload are more competitions, interesting challenges, higher income opportunities, better exposure, badges, etc.

but please just don’t halt there.
Agreed.

Wut? I thought only 3DO authors survived on competitions haha :D

by
by
by
by
by
by