Posts by contrastblack

2729 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I became immune to that lol. I can spend entire day (maximum is 26h for me, got work plus studying with e-books, was short on time, and addicted to video games) and not to feel any headache, red eyes, or any sores at all. It’s just wierd when you look at real things, everything seems sharper and 3D lol. This isn’t an advice by any means, this is what you will become if you don’t take the advices. And the sores are good actually since they keep you away from the computer and loosing them is only making the “get away from the computer” harder. So take those advices seriously and don’t join me in the zombie comunity.

Where were you like 8 years ago when I would have needed this advice… same old thing going on with me. Been sleeping like 3 h tops a night for the past… yeah, 8 years lol.

+19 more

Question is, are you willing to wait till 4th gen comes out (hell knows when that will be, as crozer said, 3rd just came out), willing to pay 30% – 40% more, for 10%-20% more performance? I’ve always thought it’s best to buy the top of the line of the 3rd gen when the 4th comes out, to achieve best cost-performance ratios.

+19 more

How’bout Jimmies…

+19 more

Locked, multiple duplicate threads : http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/quick-job-menu/78166?page=1#662356

P.s: please refrain from opening more than 1 topic on the same subject. Thank you!

+19 more
+19 more

Yes, I am quite sure it was over 7100- or something around that figure.

+19 more

It seems Orman has a special contract and is included in every bundle :D
I wonder if he will be included in 3docean bundle :D
HELL YEAH !!! :D all he might need to do though is to use some “3D” tags and bits :D
+19 more

Moved to 3DOcean.

To give you a “personal” answer, as it’s just my opinion and it doesn’t reflect that of Envato or any future plans:

DAZ and Poser generally are aimed at “amateur” or hobby 3d “enthusiasts” as their own catch-line states. (People of all skill levels and all walks of life use DAZ Studio for a variety of reasons. People with backgrounds as diverse as air-traffic controllers to stay at home moms create amazing art and animation using DAZ Studio.) I know, it brings in a lot of “all backgrounds” and “all skill levels” but on a professional level, you rarely hear of anyone dropping out of their 3ds or zbrush to create an in-game or presentation model.

That being said, indeed, the market for hobbyists is huge, but the term “market” implies willingness to also purchase models, and frankly, the chances of Envato as an all-rounder to compete with the closed ecosystem marketplace Daz offers, is not so optimistic, as you might perceive it.

As a basic example of what I’m saying. Take a look at the main competitor of 3DO, whose name I won’t mention here for obvious reasons, and just compare the overal aspect of the 3DS models category, and then that of Poser. You might notice that the quality of the preview material and sometimes also models is rather comparable to that of free models than that of actual worked on content.

It might sound harsh, but hey… I’m just stating my personal opinion, with which of course anyone is open to disagree.

Cheers :)

+19 more

scottchauvette, please contact the author of your theme regarding the issues you’re having. This thread was referring to the marketplace itself. Thread locked.

+19 more

It’s actually quite amazing to see how people have improved since the beginnings of 3DOcean. That chair is looking really pro contrastblack! Man I should stop by the forums more often again. It’s just been so busy lately.

Ah cut it out dude :D thanks ever so much, for this, AND the exceptionally motivating reviewer comment, which as usual strikes a chord. And the right one if I may add.

Regarding previews, ever considered a gif? not for the whole animation, but 10-30 frames of a specific movement would work great imho.

Here’s my last 2 hours doodle… everything is polygon modeling with a touch of nurbs for the milk. \\

http://drbl.in/fzWP
by
by
by
by
by
by