As Voxyde says, it is too minimalist.
Try to make the initial animation more smoother.
1. Try to be more consistent with colors/fonts/ sizes.
2. Get rid of that blue color. #428BCA. Its kind of borring.
3. The logo also must be replaced. Actually is not a logo, it looks like an non-stylized element(lot like a logo).
- Try to add some modern fonts. You can browse Google fonts for some interesting combinations.
Try to add some hover effects, some subtle animations. Don’t forget about the hierarchy of the elements on page, colors, fonts.
Another thing: try to create a branded theme (using a logo and branding elements)
Your theme is almost the same with the latest theme from WordPress twentyfifteen. Try to add something new such as new animation effects, new design, more elements!
Best of luck
If you check ThemeForest’s Email templates ( http://themeforest.net/category/marketing/email-templates ) you will find a lot of template with HTML Builder included.
First of all, your theme is not bad, is quite good, not perfect.
1. I think your theme looks almost the same with few more big themes from the marketplace: Sahifa, MaxBlog – Flat News Magazine Blog WP, Magic – Responsive WordPress News , Magazine , Blog and few more.
2. Try to add more unique elements into your theme.
3. The style of the shop does not fit 100% with the design(try to style the badges(sale/new)), sidebar widgets.
These are just few points I’ve found at this moment,
Best of luck with your theme.
Congratulations for this goal! GLWS
Nice to hear that! GLWS