Posts by cyzer

1666 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

A better and cleaner way is to precompose shatter with a comp camera.. say in composition “A”. Then place composition A in new comp and time-freeze it at the desired frame..for example. Then create a new camera and expression link it to the camera in comp A. Then as the time-freeze works and you could easily use the newly created camera to control and orbit around the shatter. I’d go with that. There could be another way too.. -inlife

Yeah, I would use that too but I can’t precompose it. Difficult to explain why but basicly I need to use displacement on it. And I cant select a layer from another comp :)

But anyway, very good idea Inlife ;) Thanks

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Hello guys, Yes Unique.

Thats the solution. You have to find a balance between gravity and gravity resistance, viscosity.

But if gravity is 1 and viscosity is 1 doesnt mean that the parts will stay in air. Actualy this plugin is very buggy. It started to make something similar to light rays…and black broken shadows around the broken flying parts, it looks weird. I would post some screens but I don’t want to give out idea of the Item :nerdy:

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Not possible to use time-remapping. But Already found a solution.

Thanks G ;)

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Hello, I need to shatter object using shatter effect then when it reaches certain point I need those parts to freeze. I can’t make it or maybe I forgot something and missing something simple. Parts are either going up slowly or down slowly or if I just make gravity 0 parts comes back and forms object. How to stop them in mid air ?

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

They will, let’s be patient ;)

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Right Felt, I think that is shocking. Ofcourse it makes sense. Alot of files on VH are on to some problems if this comes to actions.

..I was so sure… sorry.

But anyway placdarms made it clear that he “never asked for Model’s release if some face appears in preview video only”. This lived in my mind to this second.. but now.

Actualy yeah.. this is big. How come higher envato staff has skiped this through the eyes?

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

I always thought that you just need appropriate license to use a picture or video. But I guess you certainly need a model release to use celebrities face in a preview, because celebrity has contracts with other companies, and it is so called “Brand Face”.

So I was right. You don’t need a model release to use your friends picture in a preview you just need to ask him if you actualy can, except if your friend is Leonardo DiCaprio, then you need to pop at his mansion and ask him to sign a model release for a template preview :)))

As we can see this line is very thin. And it gets a little funny as deeper you go into it ;)

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Are you crazy guys ? :))) You don’t need a model release for a preview video! omg :))))

Yes you do. You are not allowed to use a picture of someone in this context without their permission.

If you do, you are effectively using their image for the purpose of advertising (your preview advertises the product that you sell), without their consent, probably without their knowledge and certainly without paying them.

What you are saying, Cyzer is that you could run up to a random person on the street, take a picture of them and then use their face to advertise any product. Maybe a product that they really don’t believe in, in a context that might negatively effect their life or that might be embarrassing to them.

There are some exceptions. For instance, when something is in the public interest and the figures are in the public realm – i.e. photos in newspapers – then I gather no release is needed. If a face forms a part of a large enough crowd, then no release is needed. Social media seems to make the exception. There you appear to be able to put photographs of other people into the public realm without their permission (and on a permanent basis). I would however say that this is more a question of something that is tolerated, than an official exception and that if you wrote to Facebook and told them to remove your photo, that they would have to comply. Facebook doesn’t primarily use the images for commercial purposes though. In the case of Google Streetview people who were by chance caught by the camera had the right to have themselves erased from the image. In Germany, entire buildings have been erased at request of the owners or tenants.

In general, the rule is that if you use someone’s image, then you need their permission. This is not Videohive’s rule, but rules that are by and large internationally recognised (although they of course vary from country to country)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_rights

So you are saying that you need a permission, but you don’t need a hindsigned modelrelease? Or you are saying you need both? Can anyone answer this in one sentense please ? :) Cause I got a brainfreeze. And Can anyone from the upper realm comment on this?

Simple question: If I use a persons picture in a video preview, do I need to attach handsigned model release?

Simple answer:...

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

wait wait wait…...

Ofcourse you need a permission to use their picture or to purchase it with certain license.

But if you don’t include that picture in your main zip, you do need a Model Release??? Wait..

So you mean that in this particular item Leonardo DiCaprio has signed a model release and those other people did it too? And then All those six handsigned model releases has been attached ?

Is this what you want to say ? :)

You are joking right ? :)

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Are you crazy guys ? :))) You don’t need a model release for a preview video! omg :))))

by
by
by
by
by
by