Posts by dave_smith475

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

This is starting to get silly.

For everyone’s reference, here is the Knowledgebase article stating this rule.

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/245
If you wish to remove your own item, you can do this by visiting the item page and clicking on the Edit tab. There is an option to delete your file there. Please note that once you delete an item you cannot change your mind, and the marketplaces do not allow authors to re-upload previously deleted items. Please be certain before deleting your item.

Let’s keep things on topic. If not, this may need to just be locked up until a support staffer can give an official response.

Thanks guys!

Here’s jremick’s reply to similar question:

Occasionally authors have wanted to test the waters elsewhere and pretty much always come back. The problem with deleting an item and then undeleting it later is that it requires additional staff time (more than soft-disabling) and isn’t really to anyone’s benefit (the longer it’s not listed the fewer sales it generates) because it takes more time all around. My understanding is that so long as the item is not actively listed for sale on our marketplace(s) and others at the same time, an author will not be violating the exclusivity agreement. My goal is to make the authoring process easier and to help everyone generate more sales. I know you’ll come back to us, so I want to make it easier for you to do that — since, you know, we’re the best place for you to sell your awesome work. ;-)
Ref: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/can-i-suspend-my-item-without-deleting-it/101502?page=2#830731
that’s another case of interpretation of the rules that is frankly not clear and one of the reason why we are so sensible over this type of situations.

Omg…lol…i must be made a moderator herr…heheh

U just proved my point budddy. Cases like yhis is very rare and a gud solution is to make it soft disable for a while and then re anable after a few days. This way if an authors doing a a bd practice.he will nit benefit but will actually get loose as the statistics of feedback and sales are gone!!

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Ive just read the terms and nowhere does it state you cant re upload an item. Or at least I did not see it…

Im assuming this is house rules, which is a mythical book which no one has seen but abides too.

I have always been under the understanding that this is against the rules, but looking through the terms and conditions, there is no rule stating this.

I agree that it should not be allowed but to be fair, it does not state you can’t in the terms and conditions

Envato really need to put up the house rules rather than us guessing….

Take a read for yourselves:

http://themeforest.net/legal/user

I tnk ur right… Just my 2 cents..

Wht i have noticed is that the big authors who have earned a lot of money are not happy with it. This maks me think tht 4 some reason, these guys do not want new authors to have a opportunity to learn. Loll..

Its like they are teaming up to take down new talent so thy can keep earning big big… :-(

Themeforest sould send these ppl some notice and tell them wherr they belong

Did you read anything in this thread?

It’s not a big deal in this specific case, however, if other authors start doing this trend, it’ll be quite a mess. Scenario: User X uploads a good-looking theme. The theme doesn’t get many sales for some reasons(low sales during that specific month, summer, etc), user X gets 100 sales in 2 months, removes the theme, re-submits it again and gets the same exposure and maybe way more sales this time.

This is not good, isn’t it? Imagine this at a larger scale, for every major author doing this.

I think this is not got if its the same guy. If the authors r verifeyed that thy r frm two different ppl than it should nit be a prob.

I think another solution to this which will be more fair is to soft disable the item for a week or two. This way whn its beck enables its.no longer on home page and gets to the bottm of the new item

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Ive just read the terms and nowhere does it state you cant re upload an item. Or at least I did not see it…

Im assuming this is house rules, which is a mythical book which no one has seen but abides too.

I have always been under the understanding that this is against the rules, but looking through the terms and conditions, there is no rule stating this.

I agree that it should not be allowed but to be fair, it does not state you can’t in the terms and conditions

Envato really need to put up the house rules rather than us guessing….

Take a read for yourselves:

http://themeforest.net/legal/user

I tnk ur right… Just my 2 cents..

Wht i have noticed is that the big authors who have earned a lot of money are not happy with it. This maks me think tht 4 some reason, these guys do not want new authors to have a opportunity to learn. Loll..

Its like they are teaming up to take down new talent so thy can keep earning big big… :-(

Themeforest sould send these ppl some notice and tell them wherr they belong

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

I think the search engine is really good. I dont think there is this much problem with it as being reported.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Nice tool! Trying now :-)

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Who is carmen?

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Is the commission increase for new added items only?

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Well….i think its about peoples mentality you can not change…. For example lets see this.

We know that there are some very best items out here… However, every item has some 1 star ranking. Now, those people are sick and does not make any sense. The feedback of 1 star they are giving is not for the item but for their choice..they are ranking themselves 1 star. Because hey, no one is forcing you guys to buy something.

The same problem is here…people now a days have no karma. I have no idea what that author who gave you low ranking thinks he has achieved or he will achieve

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Their prices are low becuase its shared hosting…there are a lot of other websites also hosted on the save server as yours…..if any of those other websites get a virus….your website will also get infected

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
dave_smith475 says

Honestly, ipage sucks…. I used them for like 3 years…the service was getting worse everyday.

I was doing a redesign of my website…hired a great company on Elance. They were providing hosting too….After they did a great job on my website project, i decided to try these guys for hosting. So far so good… Its being 8 months now.

http//www.enfusionhost.com

by
by
by
by
by
by