Posts by digitalimpact

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I didn’t get any notifications from TF, so this would be a nice feature.

Currently I see it’s up to the authors – I’ve received a file update email from only one author up until now.

so… +1 :)

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
Okay thanks for clearing this up :)

LD, check “Statement” in your account. You can see when and at what rate you sold an item :)

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

hmmm, I’ve seen that happen sometimes on the Tuts+ sites as well. Indeed those pages you mentioned say “reported attack site” when opened in Firefox.

Seems like someone or some people just enjoy reporting Envato sites as malware through Firefox…

Envato – can’t this be controlled? I mean I have no clue, but isn’t there something like “certified site”, just like reputable email senders have “certified sender” next to their emails?

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I really like Anything Slider.

Also, you can use it in templates, Chris said it’s ok in the comments.

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
Aww, you know bandwidth and server power is expensive. I guess shared hosting might not fit, considering the huge traffic envato will drive. @digitalimpact: I won’t use cuber, I said something similar as I can built my own 3d slider. ;)
Shared hosting should be ok, you might hit some slow server times in the peak of your item time, but I’ve found a “slightly better than basic” shared hosting package does just fine. I’m not a huge powerseller though, so you may seek advice from others with more traffic than myself :) Best of luck to you!

Yup, it all depends on how popular you are here.

For example, I only have 2 email templates for sale, so I’m a newbie author.

But those 2 items brought up to 200 uniques/day – and I’ve just started authoring…

I can imagine medium/top authors get thousands/day.

Maybe silver paws and up can share a little on this matter :)

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

1. For WP Theme Previews – Just upload a zip of the theme folder – you know, index.php, single.php etc (don’t include documentation, PSD , etc) Currently ThemeForest just uses the demo URL you can specify at upload (thus, indeed, hosting the demo on your site).

2. I’d stay off of Cu3er, since it has been overused and it won’t have the effect on sales it initially had. You’d be better of with a jQuery slider in both sales and headaches needed to implement it in WP ;)

Whatcha working on? :D

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
If this is about wordpress theme, I read about GPL License that allow people to redistribute the theme even for free… not sure about that? anyone know more info about this?

Yep, that seems to be true… premiummod.com … it seems that if you, as an author, opt for a GPL License on your commercial themes, there’s nothing preventing people to do so…

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
I’m actually already member!

That’s the second proof that it was spam – first should be that you didn’t subscribe to such emails.

Let us know how it evolves Daniel.

EDIT @Jeffrey: yeah, but I guess it’s still spam…right? I mean, I can’t imagine anyone from Envato sending a referral link to members… or was it not a referral link…?

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Amember is a membership software, which is also used by Envato for the Tuts+ affiliate program.

Now I believe you understand where I’m going with this.

Most likely someone has a list of emails that he/she spams with affiliate links to the Tuts+ sites, so he/she can get comissions if a user signs up through their link.

Tips:

In Gmail: on the right-hand side of the email, click the arrow next to “Reply”, and select “Show original”. You will now see the email header. Look for “Sender” or “Return-Path” to see the originating domain and report them ;)

In the new Yahoo! : select the message, click “Actions” on top of the reading pane, then select “Full Header” and look for the same thing.

EDIT : sorry, I see you already looked at the headers, I’ll leave the explanation though – maybe it’s useful to others :)

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
My first theme took 15 rejections before it was accepted.

Holy cow! 15!

by
by
by
by
by
by