4973 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience
says

What’s your timing for this, because it’s 1:30am here so I can only take a look at it tomorrow. But send me the details and I’ll sort it out no problem.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

jjulianus, I can sort this out for you… send me a message through my profile page so I have your email. And let me know exact measurements you want everything to be, thanks.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
so this is really interesting..

if we were to post a source file, we can either -

a. made the source code as confusing as possible. so the competitor who got the source would rather recode himself.

b. made the source code as clear as possible, so the know-nothing customer can customise, but it also means, competitor can customise easily.

it is like, open source, or microsoft way?

We pretty much stick to option B – Files must be as clear as possible when it comes to code and documentation so even a Flash novice could be able to tweak and customise the file themselves.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

The forums use to be a place where buyers could get free help and advice on a file they purchased but lately they don’t get help just quotes to fix the problem, even if it’s really simple stuff that could be explained by posting some example code.

If these freelancers spent more time making their own FlashDen files and less time looking to make a quick buck on the forums off other peoples files they could do quite well for themselves. That’s what this site is suppose be for, making Flash components. The forums is suppose to be for general discussion and advice on Flash.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
people like sanju1979 offer a service that authors like myself can`t/don`t want to provide. I fail to see any problems, the buyer will have to get the work done somewhere, why not keep them on the website where we all sell files?

If they get the job done that’s fine. The problem lies when they take on projects they’re not qualified to work on. Buyer waists money on unfinished modification and original author has his file given away to another author for free. I’m just saying this because I get emails from buyers who have had bad experiences.

+8 more
digitalscience
says

I don’t really agree with low ranking authors working on certain files. This is the scenario:

Customer who purchased my file needs some custom work, maybe I didn’t see his email/comment or maybe I was away so the customer goes on the forum asking for help.

He get’s a response from another author with a random quote and timing plan but before he starts the author needs to have a look at the file. Customer sends the author the file (now he gets my file for free)

Author either says… A) It’s too complicated, I don’t know how to do it B ) OK I can do this project, requests 25-50% deposit before starting work, but half way gets to a technical problem he can’t fix, so tells customer I don’t know how to fix it, but this what I’ve done so far and that’s the end of that.

I’m not saying this happens all the time, but I have had a few emails from customers who had someone else modify the file but had to come back to me to complete it.

If you are a buyer and you want someone to help you with a FlashDen file, always ask the author of the file for help first, they will be the best person to help you. If he declines then find an author who is at a similar level to do the work. How can you tell? look at his portfolio and see if there are similar files to the one that needs to be modified.

If you need modifications to FLV player but the author who’s offering you help hasn’t made FLV players, chances are he’s not going to be able to help you. An author who has a few preloaders and button packs in his portfolio is not going to be able to help you with one of Triworks website templates for example.

Just looking out for the customers.

+8 more
digitalscience
says
everyone has equal amount of caliber and everybody can do everything….

Definitely not true. There are levels of skills, experience, and knowledge

But sanju can do anything… he can modify anyone’s file at a reasonable price :P

+8 more
digitalscience
says
+1

if clinton were still in-charge of implementing new features for flashden then he would have implemented this feature a long ago. :P

So what you say john? ;)

nice reverse psychology ;)

+8 more
digitalscience
says

Yup alot of the same questions get asked over and over again and most of the time the author has answered that question in the comments but the buyer won’t see it because it’s on page 3 of 10 pages of comments.

So +1 for FAQ Tab on file pages

+8 more
digitalscience
says

I know what you mean :P

by
by