1. Is there a recommended forum product that you use for support tickets?
2. Do you outsource the support and is there a good service that is commonly used?
Google supporte theme for WP, enables auth via Envato API
3. What percentage of your time does support consume?
Depends on sales and types of clients, hard to say a precise % value, generally when you sale, you have to cover tons of support.
4. Any recommendations to reduce support time?
Good documentation, FAQs, Knowledgebase
1. Are there well known strategies to get your theme found on Themeforest?
Google, google, then google again
2. Is there a good resource that teaches how to get found on Themeforest?
Yes, if your theme is killer designed or super featured, others will do that for you for a good reason: a small fee for referral.
With BS3 you don’t have to make multiple rows, simply use one row for all your elements and run masonry/isotope function for it.
Thanks so much, but I would rather want this to work with IE8+, and I have some workaround now.
It seems IE10+ see Event as an object where other clients see it as a function, therefore
new Event(eventType) cannot work. So I will filter that with an if and do the classic polyfill
document.createEvent where Event is not a function.
I am sick and tired of asking on Stackoverflow and our community here is always helpful. So please give me an idea, polyfill, anything really helpful.
IMO, most stupid of the stupid movies Ben played in.
Saved, thank you