Posts by doru

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

authors own the rights on their works, envato can’t send dmca. but if they want they could implement some system where, if one is an exclusive author, it should give envato the rights to send dmca notices on behalf of the authors.

but what would happen if envato sends a dmca notice for an author and it turns out that author had been the one who stole the work? then envato could will be sued in court. And they could lose money or worse. I think is clear why envato can’t send those dmca.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

pezflash search engine is better than me. :)

but what are you doing awake at this hour my european friend?

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says
7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

he asked what to do if he finds someone who steal from other authors. We answered that he needs to contact support.

You said he should not report else he is a snitch, now you post that he needs to contact support. :|

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Unfortunately, the forum is not the place to discuss this issue, since we are not allowed to debate the behavior of other users.

For any issue you have with your items or authors you need to contact envato support. Note that any user can report/flag a comment so don’t assume that the author had flagged your comment. Every flagged comment is viewed by the envato staff and it will be unlocked or deleted by them after they verify the content but since is weekend and easter, it may take a while till someone will review that comment.

anyway, don’t let some misunderstandings spoil your experience here :) we don’t have something against you.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

LandonWilson there is nothing wrong in reporting irregularities to envato support, I think beetlesales should apologize for what he said.

but to answer your question, since they are so many themes and different reviewers, you can help them fight people who steal by informing envato support about problems you find around the marketplace. But don’t forget that what is a theft for you envato support may think is ok. :)

also this is not a prison so the “snitch” law doesn’t apply

another thing, authors are allowed to have multiple accounts, so what may appear as a theft it may actually be the same author with a different account.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I see, so if you purchase something with money that you have from selling your items you don’t get an invoice.

You CAN ’T get an invoice for those money because marketplaces dollars ARE NOT real dollars but internal credits.

to get an invoice for those money you need to first take them out from envato in your bank account and then with those real money purchase envato credits and get an invoice for that deposit.

It makes sense if you think logic. I can give you an invoice if you send me money. But you did not send money to envato. You earned credits by selling your items, those credits are inside envato marketplace, they are not in your hands, they are not yours till you have them in your bank account.

Again, you ask for envato to give you an invoice for money that you never had in your hands in the first place. They can’t do it.

When you declare what income you had, you don’t say: I had 10000$ of earnings but I purchased 2000$ of items so here are 8000$. You say, envato payed me 8000$ and that’s that.

You want to declare 8000$ but then you want an invoice for 2000$ so you can declare only 6000$, and that my friend is illegal.

also there is nothing shady in this, envato provides invoice for ALL the money that enter the marketplace.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I’m interested about this, you can contact me through my profile page with an estimate of the budget if you still need help.

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

isn’t the invoice for depositing money enough? You used a certain amount of money for services from envato marketplace. You prove this with that invoice. Instead of saying: “I bought 10 photos, 5 themes, 4 illustrations of penguins, I paid this amount of money (proved by the invoice) for services from envato marketplace”

Since you had already received an invoice for depositing the money you can’t receive another invoice for the same money. You can’t get two invoices for the same amount.

Technically, those dollars that you see around the marketplace as price for the items are not dollars but internal envato credits. It happens to have the same value as the american dollar for convenience but they are not real dollars. When you deposit money here you buy one credit for each dollar you deposited and then you can use those credits to purchase items.

at least is what I understood :)

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says
by
by
by
by