Posts by doru

8115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

It’s the hottest July of the century here in Italy. Where I live there are 30C°, quite normal. But from Rome to the south there are 40+C° .. that is quite absurd!

I hate the heat :(

fortunately the Mediterranean sea is close so I stay underwater :)

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

What I understand is this (correct me if I’m wrong):

The development team is working on rewriting big part of the marketplace code (or maybe all :shocked: ) because the marketplace got so big and the old framework is not adequate anymore. Because this new framework is currently developed, it makes no sense to implement front end features for the old framework, features that will need to be recreated once the new frameworks is completed.

So, we must wait for this new system to be implemented, then a part of the team can start working in redesigning the author and user experience on the marketplace.

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

do you search for someone to implement this idea in the tower defense project or do you want something new?

In the first case you may want to contact the author of that item, maybe he can do the modifications you need.

Speaking about the idea, it can be done, why not? :)

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

your code is a little complicated but the nested “for loop” is a start. from what I understand from your code, the problem is that you create this “invSpot” in the first “for loop” then you define a position for it and then in the second “for loop” you give it another position.

the for loop should work like this: for x rows -> for each column(add a invSpot, give position and push it into an array to be referenced later)

for(var m:Number = 0; m<numRows; m++)
{
     for(var n:Number = 0; n<numCols; n++)
     {
         //create the object
         //add to your array
         //calculate x position = object width * n
         //calculate y position = object height * m
         //add to display
     }
}

hope I got this right I didn’t touch code for some time now

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

Carman, I did not download the theme. I am still waiting for a reasonable solution to the fact I have $35 in credits with themeforest and need another $5 to purchase a $40 theme. The only alternatives I’ve been given is to pay an additional $20 from within their system (minimum deposit is $20 with only $10 increments from there) or go to PayPal and pay an additional $42 to purchase this theme. Neither of these are good solutions.

those are the only solutions available.

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

Isn’t this how ebay works? You can see ratings for last month/year or so. With web technology evolving fast (and many authors/teams skills improving), it would make sense to drop old ratings from years ago.

I think they do it because of the amount of scams you find there.

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says
8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

@doru greatest of respect but you are talking out of your backside. No offence. By definition a developer “develops” if he isnt developing then the infrastructure needs reworking.

you are wrong

they are not independent developers and they don’t do what they want like me (and probably you)

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

there is no rule on how you provide support since you are not obligated to do it. just respect the privacy of the buyers if they contact you on google+

8115 posts
+4 more
doru says

To people who ask for envato to hire a couple of developers for two days just to implement the features we asked, I don’t think is so easy as you may think. Is not about writing some code and playing with the database. They need to be careful when they touch databases with 1,801,704 items and 1,777,261 members. Is not like playing with a wordpress website with ten blog posts.

Also, for who said envato doesn’t invest enough money maybe you should calculate how much it cost to hire 10 developers for a year. And, as you may check on this page all those people on “the team” section need to be paid. What about the infrastructure cost? Do you think envato website cost 100$ a month of hosting? And the taxes? This while you need to make some profit, else what business are you?

I’m not justifying anything but we should keep an eye of the global situation.

by
by
by
by
by
by