• Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

ok this is long sorry :|

I believe this part of the license covers the pre-renders:

In this regard, no Package Content that You have rendered or any Work that You have created can serve as any sort of stock footage, stock photography or stock media, as animated background or editable media files, or otherwise be offered to the public or compete with the Package or any Product, whether offered for free or payment.

it covers prerender for works made with CONTENT . CONTENT is defined as this:

Content” refers to the proprietary objects, images, presets and other digital files owned by Video Copilot and its licensors that are included in certain Products to facilitate Your creation of special effects, and may include various audiovisual content such as videos and clips, photographs, models, drawings, wire files, textures, motion files and music.

the paragraph you quoted is not complete. It starts from point 2.

2. The goal is to prevent any ability by You or others to appropriate our technology and Content to compete with our own Package:

make sense

You have no right to resell our Content, as rendered by you, in any manner that we regard as being in competition with our Content, or to create a business of offering works or templates (whether offered free or for payment) that are renderings or modifications of our Content and may in fact compete with the Package or the Products in our sole discretion.

I can’t use Content (as defined by Video Copilot at the beginning of the license). correct, again make sense.

In this regard, no Package Content that You have rendered or any Work that You have created can serve as any sort of stock footage, stock photography or stock media, as animated background or editable media files, or otherwise be offered to the public or compete with the Package or any Product, whether offered for free or payment.

In this regard, refers to Content as defined by them not with content made by you.

ok, I will give you an example

case A: you buy Element 3D and the package with the gun from the demo. You make a nice animation with that gun. You want to upload it as stock footage on some stock marketplace. As per license you can’t do it. And is correct and make sense.

case B: You buy Element 3D and use a chicken model that you made yourself. The textures are made by you. The materials also. You animate the chicken with Element 3D, you render the project. You want to upload the chicken stock video to a stock marketplace. You can do it. But not on videohive since envato doesn’t allows you to do it. No problem with this, you need to respect marketplace rules.

If you read the first post of this thread, Mark Brodhuber (envato staff) said:

The plugin’s licensing is a bit of a mixed bag, as it does allow for authors to utilize Element 3D within project files, but there are some limitations that are slightly different from permitted uses of other plugins.

What I understood from this (and I may be wrong) is that the license is unclear but envato decided to go with what video copilot asked even if the license is not clear. Maybe they did good or not, is not for me to decide.

8176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

No Doru. VC and every other company or author have last word about using their products (plugins, softwares, images, videos, music), not envato.

the license is a contract between you and someone, and a contract can be null if the rules are against the laws. (I’m not referring to video copilot element 3D license here)

So if I create something, I own that thing, no company can’t restrict me what I do with my work. So is not that if you buy Photoshop and paint some clouds with it, suddenly Adobe can’t start ruling over what you do with that painting.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

jokes are nice but authors should respect envato publishing rules. If you want to upload prerender stock items made with Element 3D then you should ask envato to allow you to do so.

If you don’t use any of the content Video Copilot sells to create your render, then there is no license agreement that can deny you to it. Even if this passage in the license exist, (and no one come up with that line till now) it will be void, since no one can claim copyright on my work and what I do with it.

But if Video Copilot can’t stop you to upload render motion graphics made with Element 3D, envato agreements rules can do it, since envato has the last words on what is published on their marketplace.

Again, as an author you need to respect the marketplace rules.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

I know this thread is not about politics and those kind of stuff, but… recently in México, the country where I live we choosed our future President… I’m curious about how the world see Peña Nieto, our “fraud” President? Please, just the opinions how the news show the information about it.

we can’t speak about politics on the forum

you can read the rules here:

http://themeforest.net/community/forum_rules
8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

Hi people! Trying to upload a new theme from a yesterday.. but got system reply “Something went wrong”... Does anybody have the same problem? Support via twitter doesn’t respond yet.

try using the ftp to upload your files and then use the form to add the info

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

but what is the problem? as long there is an english version of the item, you can add additional languages as bonus.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

English as the world’s most spoken language makes sense. It’s also relatively simple to learn to a basic level and is firmly established as the language of the internet (there are an estimated 1.5 billion english speakers worldwide, compared to 1.2 billion mandarin and 0.5 billion spanish).

I think you are wrong.

The top looks like this 1. Mandarin 2 Spanish 3 English

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

My AS3 got rusty :)

so I will write it like this:

click object with event listener (getItem() function is fired)
access object with the currentTarget
do my stuff
remove listeners on that object

so I think you can put the remove listeners inside the getitem function, but it depends on what you need to do.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

take one that looks cheap and looks like could have anything inside except a computer.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

welcome to themeforest

1. pay once, license doesn’t expire, but you can use it on one website only

2. you can see a list of file types included in the download archive on the item page, you must install the theme yourself.

3. for product specific information you need to read the item description and/or faq area. you can also contact the author and ask him directly.

by
by
by
by
by
by