8176 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

All good Doru, good luck with those projects! I didn’t mean to compare Element to a real 3D program only pointing out that you CAN pre-render with them if anyone needs to.

Thank You :)

You can’t compare Element 3D with those software also because none of them can load 3D objects inside After Effects and do the stuff Element 3D does. Very impressive. :)

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

Ok :) I don’t want to argue here, we may give the wrong impression

the stock projects that I have in mind for this plugin can’t be prerender anyway, so is a minor issue for myself.

But we should say that the technology is not bypassed since we paid for the plugin, and is true that the plugin doesn’t cost much comparing with C4d or 3dsMax but you can’t compare those software with Element 3D. Like Element 3D is awesome and I’m sure many people will love it (making all this prerender debate pointless ) but 3ds max or c4d is another level. :)

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

Forget to add that I will respect envato decision to not allow prerender elements made with Element 3D (even if one can’t prove that I use the plugin in creating those prerender elements as some people said in this thread)

But I strongly believe that from a legal point of view, Video Copilot can’t forbid me in any way to sell stock items made by using Element 3D plugin (if off course I use exclusively my models, materials …)

There is nothing in Element 3D license that forbids me this thing, so I’m really confuse about this request. You are asking something that is not in the license.

But I will respect envato decision.

Also is a great plugin, good work! :)

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

Well hello :) , let me tell you that this plugin is awesome and you have all my respect for your work with visual effects and also on how you do business on the internet. And maybe I’m not alone when I learn a lot of tricks for After Effects from you.

Now, regarding the prerender issue I’m really confuse. You say:

and if everyone uses the same included assets or packs, then it dilutes our product AND the template market.

this is correct but what this have to do with using exclusively my own 3D models, textures, materials? This can’t dilute the market. They are unique, is stuff that I made, no one else have this.

Now, I understand and is obvious to me that one can’t use materials, 3D objects or other content made by Video Copilot in stock items. You can’t include them, you can’t prerender them.

But again, why deny the prerender of my stuff? I repeat, no video copilot content is included.

This is actually our problem, we don’t want to make money on top of content created and owned by Video Copilot, we want to provide an alternative to our buyers when they use our projects.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

we are sure that the license prohibits prerenders of exclusively MY content? (no video copilot content included of any kind)

that license defines Content as:

refers to the proprietary objects, images, presets and other digital files owned by Video Copilot and its licensors that are included in certain Products to facilitate Your creation of special effects, and may include various audiovisual content such as videos and clips, photographs, models, drawings, wire files, textures, motion files and music.

there is nothing in this definition referring to content created or owned by me.

In the case of a project that use Element 3D with all the models, materials, everything created by me (nothing from Video Copilot) that license doesn’t apply in my opinion. If someone can find a passage that denies me to render my content with Element 3D and sell it on stock websites I will like to read it.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

I agree with inlifeThrill. The best knowledge and understanding of After Effects or any program, come from hours of playing and just hitting buttons and see what happens. You get real time feedback too. lol

this is a good tactic, but if you need to shorten the amount of time dedicated in understanding a software is a good move to watch a good tutorial.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

well :) I’m glad is working

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

I am still trying to figure out HOW he got my email address.

if you send him a message from his profile page, then he has your email address

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

what do you mean by desktop applications ?

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
doru
says

So this are the winning numbers for the next multimillionaire lottery extraction:

[name removed]

by
by
by
by
by
by