Posts by doru

7791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

if an author contacted another author and asked him if he can convert a html theme to wordpress and they would arrive at some agreement, the first author would had created and uploaded the item and start selling, maybe paying something to the original author of the theme. Now it is also mandatory for the first author to purchase an extended license.

This makes sense because the contract that the author signed when they created an exclusive account on envato, states that only envato can sell a license on behalf of the author. Giving the html template to another author to create that wordpress theme was obviously breaking the contract between the author and envato.

Said that, is sad that envato come up first with this implementation that adds revenue to envato ( a cut for that extended license that was not necessary before ) but they still ignore the request of authors to create some sort of collaboration tool for sharing revenues for items that had been made by two or more authors.

Another thing that I find ironic is that envato correctly states that authors should not, quote: ”...buy multiple items to sell as a bundle.” but at the same time they have no problem to create and sell every few months exactly the same thing creating unfair competition to authors that can’t beat “500$ value for 20$ items”.

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

finally the bundle is over.

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

this one

so many money I spend in the arcades for it

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

in my downloads area one item is not available anymore, it looks like this

I think it should be more clear, the default message is of no use to me. It should be one of the following.

A The item has been removed by the author. (and this is sufficient no need for further explanations)

B The item has been removed by the staff (then I want to know why, especially if is a copyright infringement so I can take steps to protect me and the eventual client I bought that item for.)

while I’m here, I want to point out that the download area should have some sort of button to remove/hide the items that are no longer available. If I can’t download it anymore why should I see that item in my download area for eternity? :)

I think that message is also misleading since it advice me to contact support. Did support will clarify what was the real reason why the item is not available anymore? And if they can tell me this information why not do this automatically?

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

help google translate do a better translation.

use short sentences.

use proper punctuation.

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

well if don’t contact support probably nothing will happen :)

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

mine is clean, no icons just some of my favorite characters from game of thrones

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

try again, obviously, may be some temporarily issue and you can also contact envato support from this page: http://support.envato.com/

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

You did not answer my question:

Many asked you to contact support, but from what you say you have already did this and they denied the refund. Is this true?

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

what you do with adobe reader icon on desktop, that’s the most useless icon in the world

I never opened adobe reader from that icon in 10 years

by
by
by
by
by
by