8176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

basicly I am wondering how well documented the tower defense starter kit is? I saw it said it was document but I have seen that said in the past with other kits I want to know if it documented enough that a noob like me who never has done coding before would be able to read over the parts and understand what does what.

if don’t know to code, no amount of item documentation can help you. The item will not include a full manual on how to program in unity.

Fortunately this can be easily fixed by using the free unity script reference manual:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/
8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

It would seem like it should work, unless I’m goofing something up…
this:
 invSpot.Y = invSpot.height*m;//calculate y position = object height * m
should be:
 invSpot.y = invSpot.height*m;//calculate y position = object height * m

just a minor typo. :)

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

You can safely do a brochure promoting the website where that theme was used. You are not breaking any rules.

The single license give you the right to use the theme in a single project (the dentist website)

But what you ask is strange. “company mission”, “Services Provided”, “logo”, “images”, “colors” (no one has copyright on colors :) ), “fonts” (fonts are not included with the theme you need to check the font license separately to see what they let you do with that font)

these are things that you add to the theme, you customize the theme with. The theme has nothing to do with this stuff.

The theme license just say that you can’t use the theme for two or more different websites without paying additional licenses for each use.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

ok, the license are a bit confusing, is true.

first, not everything from the license can be apply to wordpress themes. This marketplace sells many types of files, like audio files or music, or vector drawings. So your “Confusion #1” is easily fixed. For wordpress themes you can apply the “on a website” part.

“Confusion #2” simply say that you can use the theme on one website only. You can’t have two websites with the same license. If you need the same theme for a second website then you just have to purchase the theme again.

“Confusion #3” lets you buy the theme on behalf of a client. The same rules apply as above but you can purchase the theme and then you can customize the theme for an eventual client.

“Confusion #4” themes are for websites. if you need to make a brochure from that theme, I don’t understand why, but lets say you want to do it, you just buy another license. But this is a strange example, why and how you can build a brochure from a wordpress theme?

Anyway to make this short.

If you have a website and you need a theme you can purchase the single license and you are perfectly legal with this.

If you have more question you can ask here on forum or you can contact marketplace support at this link http://support.envato.com/

and here you can find license examples specific to themeforest:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/395/70/themeforest-license-usage-examples

and if you need more license examples :) you may find an entire collection of them here:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/70/licensing
8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

I love the heat, the hottest the better. Right now in my time off the city of “Eilat” is 46C°, the beach is full with naked women’s, cold beer in my hand , i don’t understand what you guys complaining, it’s a pure joy….

Is pure joy when I’m on the beach, I give you that, but try going in the city to do your business.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

You can’t even upload them yet.

hypothetically speaking :)

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

Probably by asking buyers to add a small comment describing why they rated low a certain item, one could prevent this hypothetical “buy other people items – rate one star” tactic.

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

You could start uploading CS6 items, but how many people will buy it?

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

mods please lock this thread double post

why lock this and not the other one?

8176 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru
says

Maybe the ads you find in the theme are there to show you an example on how to set up your own ads,

but we are the bad guys :|

by
by
by
by
by
by