I would like everything! :P

7572 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

instead implementing a full cart system, one could just put all the items he wants inside a collection then one time purchase everything that’s inside the collection. I’m thinking is easier to implement that a cart system.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

at the same time they promote on youtube frontpage people that makes money with stuff that they never paid for. Like just stealing other people videos and making funny faces.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

my take on this is that before the internet people were ignorant like now, but at least now they have the choice to search for information on internet.

So is not that one lose memory, they can’t lose something they never had.

As with the books, remember school? I and many fellows of mine just learned things by memorizing stuff, repeating them over and over. Off course that was and is bad. one needs to think about new concepts, try to understand them. This takes time but provides better knowledge. Now is the same on the internet, without the repetition part since no teacher will put your knowledge to test when you search stuff online. We just search stuff around, be aware about them for the moment we need them then forget everything about it.

This is easily demonstrated, because I remember every book I liked from my school years and nothing else about the rest. Ask me about geography, literature or philosophy and I can say something about it, but I have no idea about the arcane things from the chemistry book or math. And I’m sure I read those chemistry books at least 30 times before each test.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

welcome to the marketplace!

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Glad this thread got unlocked, hope it stay unlocked. Please delete and warn individual post that may break the forum rules and not close the whole thread. Did I have to state how obviously lame is to shut up the mouth of dozen people for a random post? If you can’t deal with some fair and civilized criticism, then you should just close the forum.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Budget: $100

hmm…

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Even if I am the first to critique everything around here we should not forget that not all the features requested had been ignored. What about analytics? That’s a nice feature for the authors :) no?

I’m just balancing the discussion here, if you all start praising envato then I will heavily critique them to keep the balance. you have been warned :evil:

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I don’t mean to burst all of your bubbles, but this won’t happen in a long time. Sadly, even though I truly respect, admire and generally like the Envato staff, there are things going on which don’t fit my though-process.

How can a ridiculous feature such as text below an avatar be implemented before the never-coming improved rating, commenting and support system. Sure, you will tell me such a feature doesn’t take time, so we can do that right now as we work on the bigger features. Well, the problem with that is, in 3 years, the “bigger” feature(s) has not come because of these increasingly stacking little features.

What happened to the improved ratings, commenting and support system? To the mind-boggling formatting of the forums and comments areas? To the useful search system? To the less-important yet also highly requested features such as being able to see all of your followers, getting a (descent) ratings overview, being able to inform your buyers of updates (yes, yes, privacy; guess what, emails could be mirrored so that we, authors, do not directly send nor see buyers’ emails), and oh so much more..

A simple look at the forums throughout the years gives you an insight of how many requested, useful features were never implemented. What is so special about implementing features that we didn’t even request? Text below avatars? Re-rating for buyers? ...

Please take these words as words of advice. I cannot truly complain about this company because it is great in itself, it pays my bills, and it has a great spirit. But get your papers straight! We would all truly appreciate it.

Sincerely.
word….
Couldn’t agree more.

precisely my point

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

graphicriver?