Posts by doru

7370 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

also just saying, when someone rate an item is like they are voting. And no one can discuss the right of a person to vote how he wants. He want to vote 1 stars everything? Well he can do it. Is like in democracy, no one discuss the right to vote of other people but everyone can’t understand how so many voters sustain some morons from the other side of the political scene that we don’t like. Well, guess what, theres no solution to this.

I don’t care about the ratings. As an author I ignore it. As a buyer the same. I give five star to all the items i buy just because, or for solidarity with other authors, or because I consider the rating system to be flawed.

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says
crozer said
But, but.. Mark, what is so bad/complex/disadvantageous/horrible/perplex of a simple pop-up? I cannot wrap my head around that. Would it hit the performance of the site hard? Is it because you do not wish to work on user-friendly/UX areas? Please, at least provide us with an explanation!
Chris :(

to be fair he just pointed out that is a temporary fix and the development team meanwhile is working on other ways to improve the rating system.

More precisely buyer and authors contact envato support asking for a possibility to change the ratings because of mistakes, author that offer support (or not) or other motives. This means time and money lost on changing ratings for the envato staff. So they give the possibility to everyone to change the ratings how they want.

My side here is that the rating system needs to be changed, made more specifically for each of the different marketplaces of the network. Hope the development team will look trough the ideas provided over the years or better, just copy the amazon rating system. end of story.

Also i don’t think Mark is working on the code part of this website. (maybe I’m wrong)

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

thank you! Is a nice photo :) and model.

I was searching yesterday using tags from other photos in the set like “field, country, blond” but it didn’t show up. That particular image doesn’t have “blond” tag added (it has field and country) so that must have been my problem. It even has “thinking” :) as a tag.

thank you again!

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Can anyone point me to the original image that was used in this banner? I tried to find it by using keywords like: blond “woman thinking girl” but i failed :\

thank you for your help.

edit: I found the author and other pictures with the same models, but not this particular photo :(

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

\\

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

please contact me from my author profile page http://activeden.net/user/doru if you still need help. If possible, include an estimate of the budget and the web address of the freelance job board where the payment will be made.

Thank You

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says
collis said
Hopefully Win8 will fix that!

what?

this font is broken and doesn’t display correctly under windows. Or probably is Microsoft fault or probably not, but this is not important, the percentage of buyers who have windows is predominant if one likes it or not. So why insisting in keeping a font that doesn’t work under the main operating system that your users have?

Unfortunately many of the users here posted that they didn’t like the font. Well, I like it, is a nice font, but that’s not important in our equation. If is not displaying correctly, is pointless, in the overall design is just screams out, like scratches on the paint of a Ferrari.

just my opinion.

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

still around the eternal city not going anywhere :( for now, maybe in the autumn

7370 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

In reality it was:

Photo… Pond!! and then naked run around the office

but then then pond was taken by someone else and dune was used. :)

read about it here

http://photodune.net/forums/thread/photodune-members-only-beta-out-now/46278?page=10
by
by
by
by
by
by