Posts by doru

7572 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

this will be nice with some sort of automatic crawler for the forum so the browser can post answers without you being in front of the computer :)

And when someone post:

“Please help me!”

you automatically reply:

“Contact the author!”

and the poor client who needs help:

“But you ARE the author!” :D

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I don’t mind about that forward arrow anyway. I don’t like this kind of changes to the interface. When they took the home/house button out I put it back where it was before. And they took out that nice rss icon that appeared in address field when a website blog had a feed service available. I put that back as a button on the navigation bar again.

They let me be this time, I don’t need to find out how to recuperate that nice forward arrow.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

so in the “after effects projects category” on videohive, if the number of active authors in a month is less than the number of existing thumbnails positions, one could have an item on front page for a long time.

I’m not sure how it works exactly, I’m speculating,

but maybe some kind of clean up after a certain period of time could provide some space for authors that have multiple items recently approved. If a item space becomes available, some sort of calculation can be made to give that available space to an author that have the most recent items. He could lose that extra place if something new is uploaded and the space is need it.

Or those empty spaces can be used to show random recent items, even if the authors have already an item on front page.

Want more wild ideas?

What about letting the authors decide what should be the item show on front page if they upload multiple items in a short period of time? So if I upload an After Effect project that took more time and coffee to create, I would like that one to get the maximum available time of exposure, while I upload motion graphics that cost less, are more easy to do and are not that “important” as the after effects project.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I think if you made custom changes to the interface you will still see the forward button.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I don’t think is possible. You have on front page only your last item.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

it can be made in many ways. A simple one is to take some transparent smoke images and make them 3D layers in AfterEffects move them back in space, then create that camera “zoom in” movement.

But,

your avatar may break some community rules I believe.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

it is ok to use promotional images from movies in your real blog website because that is what those images are for. they are made for promotion. You can use them to write a review and get visits, the movie get known by your public. Who likes your blog, may buy the dvd or go to cinema. Distributors get free publicity.

but try using those still in an ad to promote some random product that have nothing to do with the movie and you can get sued by them. Can BMW use still images from the movie “Drive” in some print magazine or on the web, without paying or some sort of licensing from the company that owns the rights to that movie? No.

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

maybe they will announce that there will be no more bundles :)

7572 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

awesome, thank you for sharing this great collections

7572 posts