is there anyone here that can help me?
again my themes rejected for a totally ridiculous reason:
The theme couldn’t be installed and I’m on version 7.x. You need to provide more accurate information about how to install and set-up your theme.
this theme has been installed successfully by all of it’s purchasers but my reviewer resist on her claim that it’s not installable.
How can i change my items reviewer? please help me
Regards, Carlo Carlos.
Hi, Two of my top selling drupal themes has been disabled by themeforest reviewer. the ridiculous thing is that they removed because of a server side error – “PDOexception error”, also how it could be possible that they sold on themeforest more than 700 times!
finally i fixed all bugs and optimized their load speed but there rejected again! please help me how can i convince the reviewer that the mentioned error is a server side error caused by configured MySQL and PHP settings?
my items that rejected:
1- Glossy : http://demo.acquiathemes.com/glossy/
2- VIVID : http://demo.acquiathemes.com/vivid/
I personally think that this is a great looking theme. Plus I like how you include tons of features for the user.
I believe there is huge potential in this. One thing I would suggest that I dont see much on here is what I like to call “breaking from the stupid rectangle” We as designers are so used to working in a little box but we never ask ourselves why we have to design that way.My suggestion, look at websites that gets out of the box, and even breaks the grid a tiny bit. Maybe that will help.
many thanks for your suggestions,
When your template is rejected due to lack of uniqueness, it means it looks generic, but it doesn’t mean it looks bad. It looks similar to other templates but using different fonts and color, it is more like a re-skin. So, make it to look like others will not lead to an approval.
- Work on the visual hierarchy, - Where is the search field? - The content area is messy, try to work on the element placements. - Low contrast, tiny font size and overused of white space do not make it become a minimal design. It will only lead to a generic and plain outcome.Hope this help.
Thanks for your comment, with all respect but i think that as you said earlier there is no problem with design, but there is with not spending enough time on reviewing process. how an item could be generic when it has 25 unique skins? could you please give me a description of genuineness?
I really like your theme, its really nice ,and ifs weird that you got rejected for not being original when half the templates here follow a similar design and layout (responsive, banner image, four columns, footer).
Thanks dude, guess that i need to make it much more like to other themes, or maybe reduce some features from it!
I just uploaded my new design on themeforest and it got rejected fo these reasons:
===================================== We’re sorry, your item VIVID – deep into theming has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:
1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
2) You might consider improving your design with more unique graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items.
3) This theme falls under “similar themes” and it doesn’t show any uniqueness to make it stand out.
4) I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.
and the fun fact is that , one of the best selling CMS themes that i got – Glossy, was rejected 3 times by this guy who was reviewed this item too. i spend at least 3 month to complete this theme, I’m frustrated why the reject this item when there is no Theme like this in Drupal category? maybe i must choose another place to sell my works.
Heres the design http://demo.acquiathemes.com/vivid/