5363 posts
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
  • Created a helpful tool/app using the Envato API
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Had an item that was trending
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I have two scripts practically finished but because I risk not being on the TOP20

looks like there are still spots left.

if you upload the scripts now you may just get a spot in the top 20. But if you don’t upload the scripts you will miss the massive amount of advertising (= sales to everyone) this category will receive when the winners of the competition are announced all over the interwebs.

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

From here: When you submit an item to the Envato marketplaces, you’ll always upload a preview as well as a main file. Maybe it needs to mention the “preview” is not only the preview package we upload to envato, it also means the live preview(s) we host on our own servers.

Interesting that we can use someone elses watermarked marketplace item (eg: from photodune) to make our previews look nicer (as long as we link to that item and clearly state it is not available in the final download) I did not know we could do that :) cool!

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

sweet, how does it detect if its a new version

this system will let you manage all the themes/plugins you sell to customers. you input the version number and a URL to a zip file. your customers wordpress will check with your system to see if the version number you have on offer is higher than the version number installed. the customer will then be prompted to upgrade the theme/plugin as normal through wordpress.

you can also choose to restrict updates only to people who have entered a valid envato licence code. this way your system will never send out the updated theme/plugin unless given a valid envato licence code.

this system will give you some code to copy/paste into your wordpress theme/plugin to make this all work.

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I’ve got all the code working wonderfully in my UCM package. Tested and working on 6 plugins and 1 theme. Just have to find the time to copy the code across to my half built wordpress plugin.

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Locking thread for now. I think we’ve all had a good chat about this over the past few days.

Please review the forum rules before starting another thread: http://wiki.envato.com/community/forums-community/forum-rules/

Please do not: Post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled.

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

Hi Josh,

Please search through this CodeCanyon marketplace to find one that is close to your needs, you can then ask the item author if they would be willing to adjust it for you. When a client has specific needs, a lot of developers just pass the cost of purchasing or modifying the plugin onto the client.

Here are some products from the CodeCanyon marketplace that may suit: Wordpress Membership Management

Thanks, dtbaker

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

How Do I upload any file?

Hi Leolbnul, Please see the author guide by clicking here. If you have further marketplace questions please feel free to create a new forum thread – this forum thread is for questions directed at the podcast team. Thanks, dtbaker

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

What do you think?

There are still a few places left in the first 20 submissions for these categories. So if you like you can upload your plugins now before the other developers get in and take the prizes for this competition.

They may run more competitions or offer rewards for seed content in the future – so best to get uploading and start making sales.

I’m about to upload my 4th plugin, and half way through my 5th (although these wont be entrants for the current “most wanted” competition)

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I believe this website uses the “envolve” service.

There are a few chat plugins here on codecanyon.net – would be good to see some more wordpress ones.

5363 posts
+19 more
dtbaker
says

I think I just got my 3rd plugin approved! weoo.

by
by
by
by
by
by