Posts by dz123123

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
dz123123 says

Hi there.

I purchased a flash (xml) template on here a few months ago and everything started out great, the author was not very helpful but with these forums I was able to figure it out for myself.

Now I would like to modify the template to add another page but am having a great deal of difficulty doing so. I am not very familiar with XML or Flash, I do have some knowledge but will need some sort of instructions.

When I bought the site, to change things all I did was modify the pages already included by changing the content in the pages that came with the template, now I am finding if I try to create a new page by re-saving one of the others under a new name, I then change the site.xml and config.xml files to link to the new page instead but once I upload the new site and click on the new menu item nothing comes up.

I am wondering if something needs to be done in flash as well?

I have contacted the author for help but have had no response. I am looking for help, any advice or links to websites or tutorials that may help.

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated.

Here is a link to my website now : www.makeamemory.ca

I would like to add a “Links” page to the menu right before the “Blog: menu item, have it go to a new page that will have links to other websites of people I am reffering.

Thanks so much in advance!
Did you ever find out how to do this? I need that info too & it’s not easy to find. Thx

Hi There,

based on your communication with other support team members. I got clear understanding on your need. I can assist you very well on your issue. Please let me know if you still need assistant.

I have worked on 4 Flash websites, so i know how to solve that issue.

Let me know your thought.

Have a Great Day !!

Yes, I need instructions on how to add pages to a flash template. Here is my email: dz123123@comcast.net

3 posts
dz123123 says

Hi there.

I purchased a flash (xml) template on here a few months ago and everything started out great, the author was not very helpful but with these forums I was able to figure it out for myself.

Now I would like to modify the template to add another page but am having a great deal of difficulty doing so. I am not very familiar with XML or Flash, I do have some knowledge but will need some sort of instructions.

When I bought the site, to change things all I did was modify the pages already included by changing the content in the pages that came with the template, now I am finding if I try to create a new page by re-saving one of the others under a new name, I then change the site.xml and config.xml files to link to the new page instead but once I upload the new site and click on the new menu item nothing comes up.

I am wondering if something needs to be done in flash as well?

I have contacted the author for help but have had no response. I am looking for help, any advice or links to websites or tutorials that may help.

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated.

Here is a link to my website now : www.makeamemory.ca

I would like to add a “Links” page to the menu right before the “Blog: menu item, have it go to a new page that will have links to other websites of people I am reffering.

Thanks so much in advance!
Did you ever find out how to do this? I need that info too & it’s not easy to find. Thx
3 posts
dz123123 says

I’m 55. (no it’s not a joke!)

by
by
by
by
by
by