• Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

But that “Brushes” app looks nice so far :)

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I am following here http://live.gizmodo.com/

QUOTE FROM THERE : “Jason Chen:

Jobs clicked a story and there is a missing plugin error (is this flash? Does this mean that the iPad won’t have flash?) “

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
iPad is about to get alot of exposure ;) :D

Indeed :D It looks like crap now… We will see what features it will have..

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Cool :)

6 more things:

1) You still didn’t add that padding-left and right for body container ! Check out the pictures I made. Make it at least +10px then it’s now, but still mantain the 960px width. I know it’s a lot of css work, because you will then have to adjust lots of other elements, but this needs to be done and others agree with me on this.

2) Just an idea, but I tried it in firebug for FF and I really like it :
#bodyContainer { -moz-border-radius:10px; }
Try it, maybe you will like it too :)

3) I just noticed that forms in contact form should have max 2 different sizes in width. Make one general width for all forms and make a special bigger width for main message text as it is now. Respect grid, rule of thirds, golden ratio, whatever seams to fit there.

4) It’s not a much of a solution just by adding an option to change a font. People usually want to use themes (especially wp) as they are. And a buyer who just skimms through tens of themes just to make his mind, he just don’t look at item description to see that he can then change font. So make your theme as best as you can – perfect out of the box.

5) Another idea. Try to add like 30-200px padding-top for the whole body. This will move the content (mainly the intro blue box which is important) a little bit lower, nearer to the golden ratio of a screen which increases the readability based on visual hierarchy.

6) I think that the top navigation font is quite big, it was already mentioned here and I agree with it. I would also get rid of that + sign in About+ . It’s redundant.

I know we are very picky, but I just want to help because I really think you are really close the line of “good” and “bad” and it’s just a matter of few adjustments how you can turn it into the “good” one.

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I have a method of two possibilities. I always design/write down/think/ 2 variations/options for anything. Then I will decide which is better and I move on. If I don’t like something, even just a little, I will start again from square one. Much better then improving something that can’t be improved just because of some mind-block you can’t describe, but you know it’s there…

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
Again, more padding….. The theme is squezzeeeeeed…

I. Can’t. Breath. Urgh, urgh.. :D Just kidding Chris :) It looks much better now, those red buttons are nice and action friendly enough.

Really, get rid of that paper texture on background. This may be interesting, but it won’t bring more sales, rather opposite. Your goal is to make as much buyers satisfied as possible. Imagine a buyer who says: “Nice template, but I don’t like that paper thing on the bg, not very professional like my super-big company, so let’s move on another template.” And believe me, the number of buyers who will say this more than “I really like it, it’s really unique with that paper thing on the bg” will be surely higher.

+1 on getting rid of that Museo. It’s overused and overrated font. Don’t put there Helvetica, but try to find some nice font which will go with the body text and you can embed it with cufon. You can also experiment with letter-spacing which can give you some unexpected results, even with boring fonts such as Arial Bold. Museo is also quite wide, so this would also helped with that overall “squeeze issue”.

The biggest need for padding is around body container. It needs like 10-20px plus to the left and right side. The text now seams really really close to the border of that container and that’s wrong. But keep the size still at 960px!!! This means you will have to narrow other elements of course. This body padding could be even bigger on page templates where is literally no space between text and border of body container.

I made a little image how it should look:

On the picture, there is 20px+ padding which maybe is much, but I would try that first personally.

Please post here another update, I am curious how this will turn out :)

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Sorry Tylor, I don’t like it too :( I am not rating how you done the design in photoshop, I am rating the overall idea and layout – those are things that should be thought in your mind before starting photoshop. All I see is lots of text, small images and no point. The buyer needs theme which have “a point”. He needs to “show” his work or “present a product or company” etc. And I don’t clearly see what this one “does”. I hope you will understand what I meant by this. Try to define some hierarchy out of basic elements with their size based on their importance. Logos, headings, navigation, slider, footer etc…

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Oh and are you sure you want Museo there? It’s not really a font for business themes… Business is strict, so the font should be strict. (e.g. like Helvetica)

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Hey Chris! It looks really great, “but”... You need to add a lot of padding and overall spacing. It looks so much squeezed. I adviced this same sentence several times on similar threads. And guess what. Almost nobody did anything with that. This is the most important part in your case!!!
You used big headings, so you need big space around them, that makes sense. You have got flat white background, so you can use even more space than you think.

Don’t use those stock images in small testimonials box. There is no story behind someones hand or neck. You can make the images bigger in height or use some logos instead (jquery, etc.)

Overall the site seams really wide even if it’s regular 960px. I think you can improve this by mentioned spacing. Maybe you can also try to size-down all fonts if that won’t help.

Personally, I would get rid of that paper on background, seams redundant and not so professional and strict.

The intro dark buttons should be done better… Browse through some css galleries to get some inspiration.

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I couldn’t find a nice solution either. Only making your own widget or hardcoding in sidebar with on/off in theme options.. Maybe there is some plugin for it?

by
by
by
by
by
by