I would definitely choose the space travel. I am a sucker for things space related.
fuelthemes saidWhat system do you need to send us a message or email?
I understand the re-review of old items, but they should definitely notify authors beforehands. I think there is no system in place to do this at the moment, that’s why these are instant.
I think they look at an item, review it, disable it if necessary.
They need a system where a theme can be marked as “author needs to make an update” and then if there is an update, re-review or disable if there is no updates.
I understand the re-review of old items, but they should definitely notify authors beforehands.
I think there is no system in place to do this at the moment, that’s why these are instant.
Hi uouapps, your latest theme looks great, but to me, it needs some improvement in typography and readability.
However, I am not sure if these would affect sales:
1) Header and footer links are very hard to read. ( I am in a sunny place right now, and with screen glare, I can’t see the links)
2) I would increase the spacing between items: http://cl.ly/image/2j2h2G1j073a
3) Definitely add a color transition to buttons.
4) Review stars disappear when I hover over them on Chrome Mac
5) You have spacing and typography issues here: http://cl.ly/image/151W150u1I3C Stars look out of place, and date should be smaller as its secondary content.
6) I would make the whole image a link here, and remove the “Browse” button: http://cl.ly/image/0X2P17470S1s
7) I cannot click on labels to toggle checkboxes or radios: http://cl.ly/image/2E2G3V3H2g3i
Icon is not centered: http://cl.ly/image/11253X1X3o2A
No, if you look at the people on Envato Stories, they seem pretty random. Only big hitter would be ThemeFusion
Honestly, I like the reviewers’ attitude. (I get mad at them for their review feedback, but that’s not the point)
Because of them, the marketplace is going in the right direction. Remember, a year ago, the design quality was much lower in ThemeForest.
We try to improve our coding + design in our every theme and that pays off in the long run. All of my themes sell consistently because of that.
A lesser design may sell well now, but it would lose sales eventually and decrease the overall quality of items on TF.
I still don’t get why people wants Envato to create their own support system. Wether you like it or not, it has been obvious for the past years that any change that Envato tries to apply, is slow, and i’m not talking slow as in weeks, but as in months. Imagine how much time it would take for them to create a proper support system, not just a support forum. There are plenty of dedicated web apps for customers support (helpscout, zendesk, etc…), all of them have their api, Envato, instead of creating their own support system, should just provide tools/apps/plugins/extensions for these existing tools instead of wasting resources and time on creating their own, which will most likely never be up to par with existing tools.
I don’t know why but I am stuck on Add Profile page.
Added my api code and can’t do anything, if I try again, says “You already have added..”