Posts by gokhan214

181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
gokhan214 says

Honestly mate, the changes you’re making aren’t significant enough and unless you make some big changes and perfect the hierarchy, this ain’t getting approved.

No worries, some big changes are coming :) just wait and see, i ll get this theme approved believe me :D

i wont give up :)

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

iKreativ is right about the hierarchy, there is also a lot of validation issues that will only get worse if you don’t fix them before coding anything else, footer is incomplete, header elements don’t align, portfolio rollover needs rethinking, typography needs work throughout

thanks for the feedback, i also did not really like the portfolio :D that was the moment that my imagination was dead :), by the way, it is valid now, i was going to fix the validation errors at the end but you are right, no need to save them :)

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

A screenshot wont help, its all of it, you have different spacing everywhere, nothing is uniform and it doesn’t flow.

ok let me make it clear then, spacing = margin, padding,line-height, word-spacing,letter-spacing, which one do you mean?

and if you meaned margin and padding top bottom then you better take a screenshot and place the screenshot in photoshop and re-check if there is a different spacing

I dont need to measure it in Photoshop to know that the spacing is off, I can see it.

Spacing and visual hierarchy is much more than trying to line something up with a grid, you can line it up pixel perfect to a grid and it will still look wrong.

Design is visual, you look at it, this is how you make sure everything looks right, not with rulers.

Screenshot

and this is how it looks by my side, clear your cache please

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0eb2dneef6
181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

Some more feedbacks please on Demo

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

well anyways, as i mentioned before, that s your cache, clear your cache because none of those spaces are the way they are on your screenshot

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

A screenshot wont help, its all of it, you have different spacing everywhere, nothing is uniform and it doesn’t flow.

ok let me make it clear then, spacing = margin, padding,line-height, word-spacing,letter-spacing, which one do you mean?

and if you meaned margin and padding top bottom then you better take a screenshot and place the screenshot in photoshop and re-check if there is a different spacing

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

There’s a long delay on the portfolio images hover. If I hover back and forth the animations will keep running. You should .stop() that. They’re still going

yes you were right, changed it, thanks for the feedback

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

also i d appreciate if you take a screenshot and give me an example of which spacing you excatly mean?

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

All the comments I made before still stand. Doesn’t actually look any different.

are you sure it is not your cache?

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

“cursor: pointer;” take that off from .btn class because the same class you are using for elements that will never be needing a pointer cursor as your text inputs and apart from that i d say you need some animations ,i wish i could give you feedback about the typography but to be honest i myself suck with typography :)

you can use nested divs to specify the cursor for example;

<input type=”text class=btn” <input type=”submit” class=”btn cursor”

and then your css would be as .cursor{cursor:pointer;}

by
by
by
by
by
by