Posts by graphic4444

1346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

The folks at https://www.accc.gov.au/ may be able to help clarify things; if you (both envato and authors) explain the situation to them; they’re the FTC-equivalent for Australia, and may be able to make a ruling/provide official insight into who’s categorized as true end point seller, based on how things work. It’s probably good to get clarification from official tax/regulatory agencies, to help figure things out correctly.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

I’m a top buyer, and buy exceptionally “the best” here, gfx, video, flash, AEPs, templates. If it doesn’t stand out and make me think “WOW”, then i skip it. Fortunately there’s a lot of ‘wow’-quality content here, so i buy a lot.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

I’d check with both euro VAT tax authorities, ACCC and personal tax CPA/accountant to check. Best wishes for getting it all straight; sounds confusing.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

relevant Star Wars quotes:

“I’ve got a very bad feeling about this…”

“I feel a disturbance in the force, something I’ve not felt since….”

lol

“in deep kimchee this situation seems”

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

Agencies like the ACCC and FTC are set up specifically to provide consumer protection; which is why I encourage contacting them if needed. Businesses have a legal responsibility and obligation to honor standards and practices in place as “general practice in place at time of sale”, which supersedes subsequent tos or other changes. Otherwise they get fined.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

what counts is what was seen/observed to help make buyers make purchase decisions at time of purchase. there was no additional charge for updates nor support when I bought things, which is a big reason Why I bought. like the theme companies that went from lifetime to annual, they still grandfathered in original buyers as lifetime, since that’s what FTC/trade law requires. you can’t sell under one set of rules, then start charging customers for what had originally been provided / included as part of purchase, subsequent to purchase. Ask any trade-law attorney who’s familiar w/FTC/ACCC/other applicable legal statutes.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

what counts legally, from an FTC/ACCC perspective, is what business standards were in place at original time of purchase, point-of-sale (check w/any trade attorney), including license terms and what was seen as ‘general practices’ here, Not what’s changed via tos/changed license terms, subsequent to original purchase.

many of us spent thousands here seeing that unlimited (within reason) support and updates were INCLUDED when we Originally bought. So that’s the precedent condition and all Grandfathered purchases must be honored with what was in place when we originally bought, as ‘observed standard business practice’ (whether or not spelled out in current tos; the buyer’s standard experience is what holds up in trade law court).

Envato’s free to change their business model whenever they want, but that only applies for New purchases made under New tos/terms. Grandfathered purchases must be honored w/update/support policy that was in place at original time of purchase (or envato will likely get a lot of ACCC complaints by disgruntled customers). Doing what’s fair and honest is important.

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

what counts is how the ACCC/FTC classifies the buyer/seller relationship in this marketplace, and relevant tax authorities; which everyone should inquire about, to get professional/direct guidance

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

thanks, will take a look :)

1346 posts
graphic4444 says

smart comments leokoo… and multi-year buyer of backup buddy, it rocks :)

by
by
by
by
by
by