Posts by graphic4444

1332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Here in the USA, tomorrow’s Thanksgiving Day. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving, a good time to reflect on what we’re thankful for, like all the great creative content you authors produce—thanks!

-ken

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

It’s also important from a regulatory compliance standpoint that Envato/authors follow applicable ACCC/FTC consumer protection regulations in this regards, or they’d very likely run into a legion of consumer complaints and fines initiated from disgruntled/misled buyers.

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

As a buyer on a microstock site I would never continue buying here if my personal information /name/identity/email was provided to sellers. No other royalty free site does that; I expect and require my personal/private information to remain private and not be shared w/sellers nor provided to any other persons (I’m sure FTC/ACCC regs regarding consumer privacy apply).

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

i like it, very cool design :) ak rocks

tut page is superb:

https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/ . looks like most people also like it too: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2014/11/sporting-a-new-design/
1332 posts
graphic4444 says

good to hear it re getting multiple advisory input, the more people (both tax attorneys and gov’t regulatory agencies) you hear from, the better since you’ll likely hear agreement on the main points from knowledgeable experts.

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

The ACCC (Au’s equivalent of USA’s FTC) may be able to help:

https://www.accc.gov.au/

It’s vitally important for all to understand ramifications of VAT exposure (who has been paying it to Eu per current laws; who’s responsible), as well as IRS reported earnings via 1099 or other means. Consulting with a tax atty/CPA is a good idea.

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

You better stick those guidelines in the face of every buyers when they purchase something here, because it’s extremely ridiculous that i just got a 2 star rating because, quoting from the rating “the author doesn’t provide customization nor for free or even paid”, and this is clearly stated everywhere on my site. And you better take actions against these useless ratings.

For what is worth, this is my definition, but again, some buyers will ignore it anyways.

The Scope Of Support Includes The Following :

• Any WordPress compatibility error arising from a fresh product install.
  • Help with functionality of our products, which is not specified in our documentation.
  • Issues with theme setup.
  • Issues relating to a broken product functionality.
  • Functionality which does not work as advertised into the product’s description.

The Scope Of Support DOE NOT Include the following :

• Customization services or any other custom work beyond 1 – 2 mins
  • In-depth theme customization.
  • HTML customization/template code changes.
  • Adding functionality which was not advertised and is not installed by default with the product(s).
  • Any errors relating to product’s code (php and/or javascript) customization.
  • Any broken styling as a result of theme customization.
  • Compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
  • The loss of changes due to not backing up your site prior to running a product(s) update.
  • HTML, JS, PHP, CSS basics.
  • WordPress installation and / or administration.
  • Server diagnostics, maintenance or any other server related service.
  • Third party plugins, extensions or any other third party software.

+1 very well written, as a top buyer I totally agree w/above. I want you theme authors to have time to work on new themes/updating fixing current ones, not answering support questions by clueless buyers asking for customization or out-of-scope support questions.

I never ask for support on ae templates, activeden flas, graphicriver or AJ content.

The only type of support I ask for on themes and plugins is:

a) if it’s broken and/or doesn’t work properly, please fix b) occasional rare css “how do I do this in your theme” to override default font settings c) functions not working

and I rarely send in support tickets unless I’ve done a lot of trying to fix it on my own, have searched threads/support forums for help, and still can’t make it work.

Setting buyer expectations with SPECIFIC lists of do’s and don’ts (WITH EXAMPLES) would be great to help build more consistent support expectations.

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

+1 for at least test a 2Gb limit

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

My feedback, for what it’s worth, is that it’s worked as-is just fine and dandy for 6 years therefore it’s not broken therefore it does not need fixing. The only thing that hasn’t worked so far is Envato’s ability to define what should and should not be expected when buying micro stock.

+100

1332 posts
graphic4444 says

If authors provided and promised ongoing support/updates, which historically most have done, you cannot legally all of a sudden start charging for what had historically, at time of purchase, been included at no additional cost. Some ‘grandfathering’ in provision for pre vs post tos/support plan purchases needs to be included.

On behalf of all buyers, I’m confident/hopeful that envato will do the right, legally compliant step of adding in some grandfathered provision to honor support/update promises originally made by authors at time of purchase (and observed as ‘typicality of support provided at time of purchase’), to take care of prior purchases. This is my final post on the topic, I know envato needs time to research this (call the ACCC/FTC) and develop a fair, balanced honest approach.

by
by
by
by
by
by