It’s here now: http://themeforest.net/make_money/become_an_author#calculator
1) First in the earnings page you’ll see the total sales amount,
2) Then in the page I mentioned, just drag the slider to fit your total sales amount and it will show you the net author earnings for a 100$ (if the author earnings for a 100% is 55% for instance, then your author rate is 55%)
This could be useful too: having under the “Published” filter another filter named “Updated” (in the last year, in the last month, in the last week, etc).
This could help buyers finding “not-dead” items and it would encourage authors to keep their items up-to-date.
Am I the only one overwhelmed by all these changes on the marketplaces? The faceted search looks nice and is very useful indeed, but lately I wake up every morning wondering what’s new&changed today on the marketplaces
Log in to your web server using FTP and look in the folder where you installed WordPress (the folder that contains wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes folders) and see if there a file named error_log
If there is fatal error causing your error, it should be listed there.
I have read everything (at least I tried to), I have 3 questions:
- The reason: why is Envato doing this at this very moment? Why not before in all these years, but exactly now? It was a special request from IRS or from someone else?
- The others: other big companies like Amazon or Google (Play) etc do have the same approach of reporting to IRS?
- The future: do you have plans for the future to report directly the income in other countries as well? (Asia, Europe). At this moment I report my income myself, but I would love to know about future plans.
It’s not showing anymore the author rate in percents
And it doesn’t show also how much you need more until the elite level
And no more showing of monthly income&number of sales? I have found that very useful until now.
Later edit: apologies for the last one, just saw it’s there when I click the year.
Honestly I think this feature could be easily abused…
If your website is hosted on a shared account, you can also contact your web hosting provider, they sometimes have daily or weekly backups and you can restore an older backup of your website.
Envato knows about this, a developer is already looking at this: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/purchase-verification-link-in-emails-is-no-more-working/144207?page=2