I found today that these measures are required by a EU Directive, Directive 2008/8/EC, which was signed on 12 February 2008 (!)
Everything official is mentioned here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/traders/e-commerce/index_en.htm
Still, I haven’t seen anywhere a mention that the VAT should be payed retroactively.
In the PDF mentioned above, there is something interesting related to how ellectronically supplied service is defined:
If I make the purchase, will I see two copies of the same script in my Downloads page?
Yes, you’ll see them like two separate items in the Downloads page, each with its own purchase code and download link (except they are the same item). I know for sure, I have bought two licenses of the same item.
At the time of purchase, we will add the applicable VAT to consumer (non-business) buyers based on the rate in their country of residence.
I’m so curious how the country of residence will be determined.
If by determining the IP, some buyers will try to trick the system to appear they live in a EU country with the lowest VAT to get the lowest price.
Otherwise, the identification may be based on Bank Identification Numbers (cards numbers) or PayPal account info, which will be a really hassle to check.
Anyway, this is not funny at all…. I have spent all my day reading on the internet about VAT and incoming 2015 changes and accounting – instead of developing and reading technical, programming stuff. Sad.
Yeah guys, got another batch sale a few days ago. The same item and according to Envato even the same buyer. I have no idea what is he doing with 8000 slider licenses (4500 9 months ago, 3500 now), but hoping he would need another few thousands licenses by the end of the next year Anyway, this is truly mind blowing and I couldn’t be happier!
Insane ! Huge congratulations, this is an inspiring story!
It’s the same like in January this year, look here: http://marketblog.envato.com/general/author-made-20k-overnight-literally/ (maybe the same buyer bought other 4500 licenses LOL; I remember people were saying that maybe the licenses were for Wix)
Isn’t that the same item/the same author, like the first time? Weird…
Hi, have your tried these guidelines? https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821520-What-should-I-do-if-I-m-having-trouble-downloading-a-file-
- Nice, easy tool
- Friendly syntax highlighting
- Useful extensions which covers various features
- Easy to use, especially for users familiar with Dreamweaver or Notepad Ultra or ++
- Fine for easy editing or easy projects
- I can’t work on more than one project at a time, it can open only one folder at a time
- You can open only one file at a time, personally I like to have more files open at a time
- Few core features, you have to search and install extensions one-by-one to add features
- I can’t link or add servers to it (Tomcat, IIS, etc) to deploy projects
- I can’t configure how much memory it uses, to boost its performance
- I keep having the issue described here: https://github.com/adobe/brackets/issues/9011
- You have to install it to use it (you cannot port it easily to another system/PC with all existing projects and features; or backup it)
I have used for years Eclipse IDE. Mainly because it has the features listed in the above “Negative” list. Since I have started with PHP development I use and I love this one: Eclipse for PHP Developers
LATER EDIT: Although I think there is a mistake, the link says “PSD and Vector EPS versions for our Market logos” but the downloaded zip only contains PNG files.