Error establishing a database connection??
I’ll throw in some points that I’ve picked up on…
- Social Media Icons in header could do with a subtle CSS3 transition on them
- Have you thought about using a subtle background pattern possibly?
- The nav is a little odd, you have the main nav items (ie; Features, Pages) in a regular font-style, but then the dropdown items in a bold of sorts?! I personally dont think it sits too well, and again get a subtle transition on the dropdowns, not so harsh on the eye.
- Some of the stock images used throughout the template are a little meh! Good, quality imagery can be key on these kinds of templates. Take a look on Flickr for images listed under Creative Commons, loads of really nice imagery.
- The sections in the body have no breathing room. Everything is too tightly packed. Make good use of Whitespace.
- The heading font used is a little bland, but that could just be a personal preference.
- The logos used I would say are a little poop!
- There seems to be a hella lot of this style on themes on TF now, so you really have to pull it out of the bag to compete.
Hope some of these pointers can help out.
Not a bad effort in parts, but there are points that need tweaking, that caught my eye.
The navigation looks a little dated, and the dividers between the items are a little strong, make them a little more subtle, or drop them altogether.
The slider has some really poor imagery in it, the ‘Unplugged Development’ one has that low-res character with the shopping cart, use some sharper imagery.The ‘view work’ buttons as well look like they belong on another design, bring them into line with your theme a little more.
The Call to Action box under your slider needs improving, the text needs more room to breathe, and the stitched border does not sit well with the rest of your theme design.
There are some nice elements on the theme, and with a little more polish, I think it could do well.
Awesome infographic!! That sums it up!!
My new theme ‘Reboot’ appeared on TF this weekend, and sales have been..well..erm..not great!! (My last theme was quite healthy on it’s opening weekend, so to speak) , have noticed this with quite a few items recently.
Is it the Summer slump? Everyone on their holidays?
Wondering if any of you guys have any ideas?
Hey people may just hate the theme!!!
To be quite brutally honest, It looks like a free theme, and not a massively good one at that! It is far from Premium in it’s visuals. I’m not wanting to be an a**hole, but you need it telling straight, that’s the only way you will learn, and improve!
Take a look at some of the popular themes here on TF, and get some ideas from those guys.
Good luck, and keep at it!!
I’m liking the header area (the nav, image slide etc..), that looks pretty sharp. The info boxes underneath need a little work on them though, personal preference, but maybe have a little play with the type, something a little stronger. The buttons as well could may be a little more prominent, as they are the main ‘call to action’ here, try a nice bold colour on these possibly? Keep it up!!
Thanks very much, I am playing around with the colours a bit more just to make things work a bit better and stand out where they need to.
For the buttons do you mean the background colour or text? As the text colour is created from the chosen colourThanks!
I’m liking the header area (the nav, image slide etc..), that looks pretty sharp. The info boxes underneath need a little work on them though, personal preference, but maybe have a little play with the type, something a little stronger. The buttons as well could may be a little more prominent, as they are the main ‘call to action’ here, try a nice bold colour on these possibly?
Keep it up!!