Okay, so now that you changed it back my original problem is back. While it was changed (and broke for everyone else) I could connect to it by specifying a user agent. Now I can not. It just times out again. So again I have two sites from the same hosting provider. One site will connect through curl the other will not. Exact same script on both sites.
The hosting provider doesn’t see any reason it would be getting blocked on their side. I tried it on another site I have with them and it worked fine. Although the second site is on a VPS I wouldn’t think the settings would be that different than the shared hosting. I set up two test scripts.http://freelogohub.com/curltest.php (does not work) http://etextalert.com/curltest.php (works)
I’m just getting a curl timeout error, nothing else. I just filed a support request with my hosting provider. It’s weird because it has worked fine in the past. I can curl other domains fine. So it seams it must be either blocked on your end or at the hosting side.