2609 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
jonathan01
says

Please see the description of an interaction designer – it’s really nothing at all to do with UI or GUI – it’s more about the interaction between systems or processes – it could simply be one department talking or moving information to another.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

You should be able to just state it’s you and that’s enough for the reviewers (as long as you took the shot yourself and not by some pro photographer who may not allow commercial use even of your own image) – if all that is good then in your documentation you can simply state the license you want to offer to buyers – ie use wherever in commercial or non commercial – cannot distribute or interfere (photoshop anything “dodgy” on your image etc etc)

Hopefully that’ll help ya

+8 more
jonathan01
says

If you are looking for good inspiration then try designerscouch or dribble searching for GUI (the graphical elements of a user interface that help to create the overall UI user interface) – however if you are designing for iphone / ipod then be sure to follow the developers outlines at apple to ensure you are using the correct ideas before ploughing in to GUI design – they are quite strict on some stuff – but not others so…

But UI and GUI are not interaction design http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_design

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Ivor where are you – click the button and close this thread before this guy digs a hole deeper than he can get out of please -

I am not bashing anyone – you’ve had the feedback the design presented deserved and you should take away from this that 100% of people who viewed and commented basically are saying – try harder and possibly present something that would warrant a partnership – I’m not trying to get at you in anyway – we are all here as authors / designers and coders – but there is a standard – comments have said this is no where near the standard required and certainly doesn’t promote any serious prospect of earning good money in a partnership – take some time to work on a design for more than a day – heck most of my designs take several weeks (not saying I am better than anyone else either – just saying good work takes time and dedication)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

so, in buying a wp theme, don’t expect to get what you see in the live preview, it won’t be the same.

Al

Not entirely true – all my WP themes come with an XML and full documentation on how to get everything to look just like my previews – different authors do different things – I understand how buyers may want to have the theme once purchased and uploaded to look JUST the same as the preview – but in all honesty it’s really not required as good concise and detailed instructions should get you to the point you need to be to be able to add your own content – after all these are “themes” not full sites – and because of copyright laws if an author uses images in the live preview he does not own it’s technically illegal to re-distribute. Hence the reason why some come without content – if you need to know prior to purchasing either drop a comment on the item discussion for the author to ask or contact them via their profile page.

Hope that helps.

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Are you using Firefox 4 Beta – apparently this is the “tab candy” – copied from safari and chrome
How do you do it in Safari and Chrome?

I didn’t word it entirely correctly sorry – what I meant was it’s like the start page of chrome / tabs page in safari (when you open a new blank tab) – there are free add-ons to do this also (some refer to it as expose ala Apple Mac desktop feature)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Are you using Firefox 4 Beta – apparently this is the “tab candy” – copied from safari and chrome

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Nice work Dev.

I try a different method to make the purchase button stand out more related to the pricing while avoiding visitor navigating from the current page.

Screen-shot-2010-10-28-at-10.29

Is this more clear?

see now this is EXACTLY what I was saying and is a NECESSARY change for a better UI experience – please note this devs

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Changes look good – I love almost every bit, apart from the link to details re a license – why take them away from an item to display the terms of a license rather than a simple modul window or something so they don’t drift away from an item?

Also the tags area and the item details looks a little … out of place or un-finished.

Oh, and why does it say “ThemeForest Files Included”??? Doesn’t make much sense as they are files created by the AUHTOR or just plain old files (unless Envato own css, html, PSD etc formats :) )

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Ok, as a buyer, I wanted a more polished [in terms of GIU ] & a more polished design, something like this; directorypress-dot-net

I don’t understand how you say this is a more polished GUI ? Looks pretty standard to me and far below the quality standards reached here on ThemeForest – maybe I am missing your point? If you could explain what it is that you think is good about that site.

by
by
by
by
by
by