2555 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
jonathan01
says

can always use cleaner gallery plugin – that runs it’s thumbs from tim thumb if you want – that in turn can produce correctly proportioned thumbs by setting the zc=0

I’ve never used nextgen gallery so not sure what your options are but most have the option to not zoom / crop (what you called slice) – therefore all the images are different in width or height but are proportionally correct – makes for a messy looking page but gives the desired result you are looking for – note you would want to set the height though so that rows appeared inline correctly.

On looking at your options tho it seems you already have what you need – it’s right there with the ignore aspect ratio and max width and / or height – if you already have everything done you will need to do what it says about manage gallery. You may just have to alter a css setting for the nextgen gallery if it has one to not set width or something also.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Just rename the old folder to something like this: pacifica_OLD – then upload

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Why not purchase one of the awesome coming soon / under construction templates from here to place on your site – most come with what you need for around $10 or less – would be money very well spent to be honest.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Splash page…... Really? I didn’t realize anyone still did that.

Anyways couldn’t you just use a modified coming soon / under construction page. Plenty of those here.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Maybe I missed something…. but what exactly is it? And what is it to do with WWDC ? I don’t get it…

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Go for what is the most viewable by your audience – think ahead also – wordpress will offer you a very simple way of updating galleries, adding new ones, including a blog (if required) and so much more thanks to the freely available plugins to extend your website.

Not against flash at all but it is becoming less popular.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

actually @jeffatworld what @mlando is talking about is the same as for campaign monitor also – there is a difference if you are setting up to send your own email or setting up a template for your clients – as mentioned Mailchimp has a specific mail chimp templating language – it’s a little confusing at first but you can convert any html email template sold here to do that (it does take some work at first).

If you are simply sending yourself then all you have to do is place the tag for view online etc in the areas already provided in templates available here on TF – you are correct with that for sure.

But yes – to answer the original question – yes you can :)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

What immediately springs to mind is that it is not another car you are looking at in the mirror – what that actually is is you looking back on yourself while traveling at the speed of light – the car you see is the car you are in – get your head around that one! ;) – just add motion blur

+8 more
jonathan01
says

test using campaign monitor – it’s actually litmus but cheaper – remember that emails do NOT display the exact same in all email clients – good advise from @mlando above also – all valid points – build in graceful degradation for things such as background images if you must use them and use inline table styling.

Offer many many options and create with an end user in mind with good documentation etc.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Well personally I would say you have nothing to lose – I have been a member (buyer to start with) since Dec 2007 – I decided last year to try uploading and see how it went – march to be exact – things were a little slow to start but still earned a few hundred dollars – this year I decided to rev it up a little and spend more time on TF stuff when possible – I cover several categories now and have 21 products for sale and MANY more in the pipeline – it’s paid off sticking with it and pushing my design and coding skills – an enjoyable and rewarding experience.

The reviewers here can be strict most of the time and that’s a great thing – it’s almost like having an art director above you sending you back for more revisions etc – they get a bad rap at times but after all they are trying to keep standards high – which is good for both authors and buyers alike.

I’m now earning considerably more per month from TF and couldn’t be happier (well I could but it will come in time I am sure) – I hope to eventually earn enough here to pay for all my monthly bills (and I have 2 houses and 2 cars and 4 kids!) so that my day time job and freelance work is money to sock away.

It will be a bumpy road to start but if you keep enhancing your skills, uploading quality products you will be thankful in the end.

Hope that helps and I wish you all the best.

On another note I’ve made some great friendships with some awesome authors on here also! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by