2705 posts Bird is the word..
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Had an item that was trending
  • Had an item that became a weekly top seller
  • Located in United States
+11 more
jonathan01
says

I vote against. All those Facebook templates look like one big image, not much CSS , JS, or even real text there. This will flood the marketplace with cheap and low quality items and will lead to Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc. templates spam. It will do more harm than good to the marketplace.

+1 -

plus FB pages are so niche as they should be designed exclusively for the client and don’t cost much to start with – I don’t believe it’s a correct new category – far more lucrative categories that we could open are out there.

+11 more
jonathan01
says

I really thought we were a secular community.

Not quite. The Envato websites are based upon a secular system of business – while ironically full of religious people of varying degrees from all over the world. While you cannot promote, demote or argue religious subjects on the forums per say, you can sell religious files….you’ll see different graphics and songs all over the place identifying peoples personal beliefs.

The day that freedom is taken away would be the day I’m gone, that’s for sure.

SimplyDo

Maybe you feel the religious icon doesn’t go with the holiday, but there isn’t any reason it should be taken down just because it’s a religious symbol.

The world is already too politically correct enough.

Those are my thoughts.

So intelligently written – I personally prefer the process of religious symbols being allowed – therefore we would represent everyone who wants to contribute – free speech ftw

Not allowing religious symbols of any kind is censorship which I totally disagree with.

And this political correctness just erks me – honestly – it’s like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNXUSO3Hks

:)

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Personally I hate the new look of it – just looks like a cluster f’

And the new logo… riiiiiggghhtt.. how clever (!?) and really what year are we? I mean “beta” seriously.. just roll over and let facebook put you out of your misery myspace … sorry my|__|

+11 more
jonathan01
says

I think you misunderstood the OP point – we as a collective are being judged – not individually – ThemeForest is seen as an entity not a collection of independent authors and as such if we allow sub-par items for sale we are ALL seen as offering sub-par items.

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Sounds like you mean posts use a different template than search etc – you cannot chose the post page template – that’s a hard coded thing – you can change things if you know PHP though.

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Yup php5 is standard and has been for a considerable amount of time – all my WP themes have ALWAYS been php5 – still get customers who run PHP4 and I tell them it’s insecure and their host should not be letting them run that – it should be 5 by default and if they check their CPanel most hosts installed years ago and gave them the option to simply click a button to switch – easy as that – if it’s not available then they NEED to move – their host doesn’t know what they are doing.

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Hey Jonathan, The lack of a front page banner is my fault. I waited too long to contact Rodney for some graphics. Should be getting something tonight and they’ll be an advert up there.

Great stuff! Look forward to seeing it!

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Was hoping to get a message to the powers that be and ask for a little promo on the new category – used to be we would have something always on the home page to advertise a new category and I haven’t seen a single tweet go out etc (but yet there’s always 50 when it’s a new podcast…) – front page is still advertising a PDF book for sale on another marketplace – was really hoping TF would try and get the word out – there is a huge market out there – we just need to let them know.
We’ve tweeted about the new category across multiple accounts already (and will do more). We couldn’t tweet about any particular items until they were approved, but now that they are I’ll be pushing out tweets to push the new category. :)

Awesome!

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Was hoping to get a message to the powers that be and ask for a little promo on the new category – used to be we would have something always on the home page to advertise a new category and I haven’t seen a single tweet go out etc (but yet there’s always 50 when it’s a new podcast…) – front page is still advertising a PDF book for sale on another marketplace – was really hoping TF would try and get the word out – there is a huge market out there – we just need to let them know.

+11 more
jonathan01
says

Awesome – I just finished uploading a few items ;)

Pretty sure once the word gets out that this could be a HUGE category (as I mentioned some long time ago – thanks for listening Envato and Mark!!)

by
by
by
by
by
by