• Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
jonathan01
says
Hi lidstone,

Others have pretty much chimed in here with all the basic points. You mentioned you found out the hard way but there are no purchases for your account. Now perhaps you registered a new account just to post this but it’s a bit strange.

If you don’t like the pre-paid deposits option then you can use the “Buy It Now” option and not worry about making deposits. Compared to the cost of getting a freelancer/custom work the items on all of the sites are an incredible deal.

Also, there are all kinds of smaller items for $1, $2, 3 etc. It’s not really difficult at all to use a full balance. Again, if that’s something you’re worried about then I suggest you not use the deposit system and stick to “Buy It Now” purchases.

Everything else has been covered by other replies. Have a nice day and thanks for the feedback! :)
I have made a deposit because there is a template I want to buy. The template is $35.00 I deposited $30.00. I can’t just add $5.00 to the total. The only way to use my deposit now is to add another $20.00. But I don’t want to add $20.00. I just want to add $5.00. But I can’t do that. Which is really stupid and PISS -POOR customer service.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if you wanted to buy a template for $35 why did you deposit $30?? Seems like the mistake was yours and now you want to complain you didn’t deposit enough – and why oh why didn’t you just buy it and be done? It’s no different here than any other well respected marketplace – you deposit – you get stuff – you add more etc etc I don’t understand your argument to be honest – but I don’t want you thinking I’m just getting at you – it’s just what this whole thing seems to be about.

2628 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01
says

From the Forum Rules:

Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

I’m just curious as I have seen many reported and told not to do this maybe the rules changed would love to know.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

I thought we were not allowed to self promote ourselves in the forums? Did I miss something?

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Hey @Massix – just wanted to let you know that I understand 100% what you are saying and basically agree with you – just wanted to let you know you are wasting your time looking for support – it’s just proven way things happen around here.

I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your thoughts and observations – many authors here see the same thing, have tried to say something, got silenced by the “troops” and then either just don’t post anymore or don’t upload products and have moved on.

ThemeForest was a great place – still could be – but your concerns are echoed by many silent voices my friend.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Actually I disagree – I have hosting of different levels at a few hosting companies – and ALWAYS the issues with security are Media Temple – I got all my sites hacked a year ago and they blamed my password – which was 10 characters long and had numbers characters and letters – it was rock solid and not stored anywhere and no access apart from me – then a few months ago they had a major breach of customer information – do NOT believe the hype – they are all glitter and gold and when it comes down to it the service is also terrible (unless you use the phone) ticketing takes DAYS – my other host I have been with for 8 years – have 4 servers from shared – reseller – VPS and Dedicated – NEVER a single issue.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Send a DMCA to hotfile

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Contact support if you haven’t already guys with details on OS and browser versions etc – will be quicker than simply posting about it in the forums where it may not be read by the correct people.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Email Sent!

+8 more
jonathan01
says

the plugins folder is within the wp-content folder on your server – it’s there by default. Use an ftp program to go to your site – then the directory of your wordpress install (if not root) and then wp-content / plugins – drop the wp-pagenavi in there.

by
by
by
by
by
by