2567 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
jonathan01
says
On the upload form, it actually tells you this under the description textfield. So yes, using an image might look nice but I suspect it’s not quite so clever from a search results point of view. “This field is used for search, so please be descriptive!”

Just what I was thinking – thanks never noticed that wording – so I fully recommend using text and headings and jazz up with your images.

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Hi, is there a limit to the html code you can include in an items description? Anyone use a template and copy and paste it in? What do you think works best?

Hi Godonholiday,

you can insert h3 for cool title and images png/jpg for insert singular elements.

This is cool example:

http://themeforest.net/item/orion-premium-template/102708

Obviously:

to make things bold to emphasize

• or
    1. to make lists

or

to make headings

for code blocks
       for a few words of code
       for links
       to paste in an image (it’ll need to be hosted somewhere else though)

Actually that’s all one image – something I’m not sure I would recommend as I am not sure if the search on the marketplace is purely based on tags or ALSO item description – of which this example has no item description :)

I would like it to be clarified about the search on the site though as I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with a large image to prettify things – can we get an official word on the search and how it operates please from a mod or Envato staff member – thanks!

+8 more
jonathan01
says

I have enough trouble remembering to withdraw before the cut off date so no – not for me.

What I REALLY want to see is an auto switch for monthly withdraw – not sure why it’s not there right now – seems like a fairly important thing to have in place so I can set monthly withdraw as automatic.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

well done mate – well deserved!

+8 more
jonathan01
says

And exactly my point and the same with my files – you DO get the fully layered page designs but ALSO the individual components also to make things silly easy.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

The difference is that this is a marketplace – as such we are attempting to cover all bases on what a potential buyer is looking for. Slider – maybe – portfolio – maybe – blog section – maybe. Don’t need any of those – fine just remove or don’t use – nice and simple.

It’s completely different than designing for a client with a clear and precise directive on what the website needs to hold as content, sections and features – we just try and include everything.

And if you are looking to try and sell here then I strongly suggest you do the same, otherwise you are reducing your potential client (buyer) base.

As for the contact form – who wants a contact form that doesn’t work? :)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

I personally don’t slice (not traditionally anyways) – I DO however create quick edit templates (layered PSD ) for every possible thing you would want to change (slider images – buttons – if not css ones – etc etc) therefore no need to open the entire PSD unless you are going to completely change the template or theme – in which case you would probably want to re-splice using your own method.

You may ask why I do not slice everything – well it’s because I may design in photoshop but a lot of it is then recreated in pure css – colors, backgrounds, buttons, fonts, headings etc etc – the number of images I use are as limited as can be – and therefore I just organize all my layers in to groups, label clearly and organize properly.

I have the same thoughts about splicing as I do using grid systems – it doesn’t speed things up for me at all – in fact it slows things down considerably – I prefer to code my own css by hand – design in photoshop (I don’t need a grid to tell me how to space things and use predefined columns – too restrictive for my liking) – style what I can in css (without all the confusing naming systems from grid frameworks and excess code) – code by hand the html and then provide the quick edit files which, from buyer feedback, has proved a lot more appreciated than a multi layers photoshop file with every page crammed together in one mess of a file – all my pages are separate PSD – layered, grouped, organized – want to change the color of something specific – then just open my provided quick edit file – change and export – it’s the correct size to replace the default – nice and easy.

So, the reason for my reply was that it’s not necessary to have a spliced PSD at all – just as long as there is an alternative way – quick edit files – and as much as possible in css.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Those are not images – it’s cufon which makes selecting the text very difficult and therefore you have the appearance of it being an image – but it’s not. So your SEO is safe.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

support is not required according to TF terms therefore by default should not and cannot be included – I have no issues with my support but I have several issues with some buyers who just don’t get it at all – that’s not fair to be rated poorly just because we will not customize the theme or template just because they think you owe it to them

Bad idea – I don’t really like the current rating system either – it’s useless and open to authors buying there own themes and marking high, or buying other author themes and knocking em down – just bad all around.

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Technically speaking Envato have no right to say you can do what you want with screen shots as they do not own the work and is not their copyright (if they disagree then their “get out clause” of our work being illegally distributed can’t stand) – so my advise is to contact the author who created and owns the file – ask them for permission – unless the author doesn’t want promotion, I foresee zero issues for you.

by
by
by
by
by
by