2701 posts Bird is the word..
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Had an item that was trending
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
jonathan01
says
The only rules here, is that you can not nominate yourself or one of your own items. And each member can only vote once per author/file. If you guys like this, I’ll try to do it more often!
oooh PLEASE Life template HTML / CSS from me…..

hahaha ooops my ADD took over and didn’t read the whole thing – my bad – so sorry

+10 more
jonathan01
says
As for authors with a lot of files on the marketplaces I’m sure to them it’s doesn’t bother them as much (but it may) because they already have enough files out there :) Just my $0.02 :)

Come on – we all work just as hard for each file – time and dedication and we all have expectations of how a new item will perform – to say that is just wrong – it’s not a them vs us so please let’s not go there.

I could argue the fact that those with larger portfolios are that way because they are full time and therefore have more riding on the success of a file than someone doing it in their spare time for extra cash – but I wouldn’t as everyone is trying to earn here.
Hi, I don’t see why you see this as a negative comment… It’s true. If I had a lot of files already on the marketplaces I personally wouldn’t be much fussed about the review times as the newer authors.

I see it as a negative comment because I have a fairly large portfolio and trust me sales mean just as much to me as anyone else – everyone dedicates the same time / effort etc – why would one person only expect 2 sales and another expect 20?

Seems fairly obvious to me..
No. I think you understood me wrong. I was talking about the queue times. Ofcourse everyone cares about sales :).

Oh yeah – the queue is sometimes an issue for all of us for sure – hence my suggestion then it wouldn’t really matter – sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

+10 more
jonathan01
says
As for authors with a lot of files on the marketplaces I’m sure to them it’s doesn’t bother them as much (but it may) because they already have enough files out there :) Just my $0.02 :)

Come on – we all work just as hard for each file – time and dedication and we all have expectations of how a new item will perform – to say that is just wrong – it’s not a them vs us so please let’s not go there.

I could argue the fact that those with larger portfolios are that way because they are full time and therefore have more riding on the success of a file than someone doing it in their spare time for extra cash – but I wouldn’t as everyone is trying to earn here.
Hi, I don’t see why you see this as a negative comment… It’s true. If I had a lot of files already on the marketplaces I personally wouldn’t be much fussed about the review times as the newer authors.

I see it as a negative comment because I have a fairly large portfolio and trust me sales mean just as much to me as anyone else – everyone dedicates the same time / effort etc – why would one person only expect 2 sales and another expect 20?

Seems fairly obvious to me..

+10 more
jonathan01
says

+10 more
jonathan01
says

oooh PLEASE Life template HTML / CSS from me…..

+10 more
jonathan01
says
Hmmm well it’s not required to work on a mobile device so, i dont think that you can complain about that.

totally – and there are WAY too many mobile devices with different scales of browsing the web that it’s something extremely specific that needs coding. As for not very functional and limited – surely all it’s functionalities and limitations were listed in the description?

If those were wrong then yes – remove the file fersure.

+10 more
jonathan01
says

Try a htaccess file for the main wordpress directory.

+10 more
jonathan01
says
You know I haven’t read the full thread but I understand where you are coming from – I have definite prrof that the sales of an item are dependant on the day they are reviewed and up for sale [...]

I just wanted to say that it doesn’t really matter when it goes online as you will have 7 days of sale on the homepage weekend or non weekend. My Xero theme and Stuff theme, both wordpress, both came out on the same day, mine got 8 sales and stuff got 30+ so it doesn’t really affect the sales what day it came out.

Just my two cents :)

I don’t mean to disagree with you publicly but I have a large portfolio and have my own stats I keep on release days of the week etc – I understand certain items are popular and others are not but definite trends appear over time with more items – ask most of the long standing authors with large portfolios and I am sure they have all worked out when they want an item to be released – ie the best days etc – even best parts of the month also.

Oh and you are NOT guaranteed 7 days on the home page at all – trust me – sometimes you can be there for almost 2 weeks – other times it can be 2 days bud – that’s not the issue in question here though is it?

+10 more
jonathan01
says

Thanks Mark – I think I can speak for most authors when I say we appreciate you considering the idea and possibly brain storming with other managers – it’s all we can ask for :)

+10 more
jonathan01
says

Hey Mark and thanks for the reply – I understand your concerns – maybe there could easily be a limit – like 2 files only to be in non live status? I say 2 because some like to release PSD and HTML together – or WP and HTML – or HTML and Email – sister products basically.

I don’t see the issue of everyone releasing at the same time to be honest – why would you ever want to release your new item at the same time as 30 other people and be lost in a sea of all new files – I believe authors would basically police themselves on this issue – they would look at the front page and see a bunch of new files and just wait a few days etc

I still feel there is some good merit in allowing authors to be able to set a release date – just might need some more thinking possibly?

by
by
by
by
by
by