Posts by jonathan01

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Count me in for working double time on TF to get one of the quad core 27” models man – holy moly they look nice and that resolution on the 27” is amazing – 2560×1440 – WOW !

Not sure about the mouse – apple have NEVER made a good mouse – ever – need to try first – it’s one thing Microsoft do wonderfully is their mice – always used them.

OK so I need to ebay my mac pro – 15Gb RAM – 2×2.66ghz Intel dual core (total 4 cores) 1.5tb storage internal – not selling monitor because it has bleeding at the top slightly – will keep for a second monitor.

Man it really does look nice…... queue dreamy music

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Well it depends on the license type – if you are looking at the creative commons area and you check the license type – can use in commercial, can alter and can distribute then no you do not need permission from the author – just attribution in your help file with a link to the authors stream etc

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Congrats! Here’s to the next one! :)

+8 more
jonathan01 says

What you are looking for I believe is a theme that has a portfolio section – shows thumbs that when clicked lead to what is also known as a client case study page – it shows images of pages on the clients site which when clicked zoom showing a larger image using jquery.

I’m creating a website for a client that does EXACTLY what you are talking about right now – it’s very common.

Here is an example of how I interpreted your message:

This is the “portfolio” page (click an image to get more details): http://sunrisedesign.com/portfolio/

This is the case study “description” page (this is what you get for more details – thumbs can be clicked to see larger images): http://sunrisedesign.com/portfolio/kuhns-jewelers

I would of thought there was quite a few on here like this but I haven’t looked myself – but I agree if there are not any then there needs to be.

I for one will make sure I release a HTML template like this.

Thanks for the input and feedback / suggestions.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

While everyone is welcomed to their own opinions I have to question why anyone who uses a Windows based system here complaining of font rendering doesn’t just use IE8 ? I just tested in my parallels windows using IE8 and everything looks great? Why use the older IE7 to browse the web when you know it’s got so many issues in rendering sites?

You also have to remember that when they redesigned the marketplaces I am sure they built for the future knowing that IE8 was out and has been for some time and with Windows 7 being released that the IE6 / 7 people will be less and less and therefore are ready for this to happen – at least that’s my thinking :)

I do agree that the fonts look rubbish in Firefox on windows though!

Guess I’m just spoiled on mac with firefox and safari etc – never have an issue with anything really.

+8 more
jonathan01 says
Dude Ikea. They make the best desks in the world.
– but I do agree that Ikea is a great place for pre-built and make ya own desk “stuffs”.

Yeah, I’ve looked at Ikea and I just can’t find anything that I really like. Part of the problem is I want a glass only surface because it’s thin so I can roll the arms of my chair slightly under it and rest my palms on the front. It’s comfy that way. Plus, I love glass (even though it shows dust really bad) and I haven’t been able to find something simple, industrial but modern.

Another problem is the size and shape of the desk I want is not something anyone will have, lol.

If you looked online at Ikea.com that’s not good enough – you need to go in-store – they have way more stuff.

I remember seeing some really nice industrial legs (galvanized steel) and glass tops for sure… maybe worth a day trip? You can pick and choose and create your own with their desks.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

@MarkDijkstra wow dude – seriously, looks like Best Buy shelves with all that gettup – just sayin ;)

Not going to post mine yet because I’m not happy with the new office yet (neither is my wife) but when we fix it up I will post for sure.

@jremick I look forward to your DIY desk photos and tutorial ;) – but I do agree that Ikea is a great place for pre-built and make ya own desk “stuffs”.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

I really enjoy this week in review blog entry every friday – great addition and Jarel keep up the good work!

SUGGESTION – Also send as a newsletter – haven’t see an Envato newsletter email since about the time of the refresh me thinks – need a weekly one guys.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Well deserved Ivor – congrats – here’s to the next one! :)

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Yeah I just need wordpress from my existing html templates.

by
by
by
by
by
by