2443 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
jonathan01
says

Won’t that be the case because the blog doesn’t exist anymore :)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Basically it’s broken – it’s not right and Envato should fix it – this is their lifeblood and why do authors have to jump through hoops so we can earn some and so can they?

Seems like a ridiculous situation to me to be honest. Seems like a time-out in their scripts on the server or something like that, as it only seems to be an issue if you are on the upload page for a while – small files I haven’t had an issue with.

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Just a thought – can we get a “Twitter This Item” button right there? Just something small but useful in helping to spread the word? That would be nice…..
+1000000000000000000
Re tweet button, i did ask this a couple of weeks back, no response yet :P

yup didn’t mean to steal your thunder mate – it’s been talked about on several occasions – just seems like a good place to drop that sucka now…

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Following up from @cudazi’s comment – make sure you hit this up:

http://freelanceswitch.com/rates/

But don’t look locally (your country) look globally as that is where your clients will come from – pick a middle ground that is not too high or too low based on your experience and level of quality as others have said.

Remember clients will ALWAYS try and lower your rate so find a comfortable figure then add 30% for those that want a discount – just like selling anything in this world, you expect to have to lower the price to get the sale at times.

And remember that your hourly rate has to cover all your expenses / taxes / discounts and the effort and time it takes just to get paid :)

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Extended licenses are usually a four-digit number and there isn’t much space left after you select it. Just for the record. :)

Right… I understand that but 99% (actually way more than that in percentage terms) never see that – they only see the regular price… just sayin :)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

Just wanted to say that the new format for the product pages is looking sooooo much better – not sure I like the odd looking price box as it doesn’t really match that well with it’s hues and border but understand it adds weight to the area which is all good. The authors details are no longer buried which is awesome also.

Just wanted to ask why we have such a large area to the left of the price that is completely blank? It’s almost like it is right justified and should be left?

Just a thought – can we get a “Twitter This Item” button right there? Just something small but useful in helping to spread the word? That would be nice…..

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Why is this a TF topic?

+1

+8 more
jonathan01
says
A little OT but where are the devs at with the Author Collaboration updates?

+1 – sorry for helping the hi-jacking but I thought this was coming in January? (I may well be completely wrong there but thought I read it)

+8 more
jonathan01
says

It’s still ridiculous with the millions of dollars that Envato makes that they can’t get enough decent developers….... crazy.

+8 more
jonathan01
says
Thank you for that quick reply. I am starting to get it now. I am used to using Studiopress themes and everyone who has purchased their themes are allowed to use their forums, much like this but the answers are provided on the forum for ALL to see. I almost never have to contact the author as the someone has asked the question and had it answered before on the forum. Could this not be arranged here if there is little to no support?

It is really great that you answered my post and i will try to contact the author and get an answer.

I appreciate the authors skill and talent and believe that they should be well compensated for what they do (i would have paid even more for this theme) That said It may be an idea to state the limited support on your website as it is not clear and that is bad business.

+1 on everything you said Sir. But that’s up to Envato I’m afraid.

by
by
by
by
by
by