• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Australia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
leli2000 says

OMG, when I first saw the new design, I thought it was a CSS error (like a css file didn’t get loaded properly or not) until I saw this post. To be honest, the new look does not match the site at all.

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

49 sales so far, not happy.

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

Hi folks,

Historically, October is supposed to be a good month for the sales.

We’ve got 10 so far, how are yours going?

MelonHTML5

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

Go to Google and search for “[name of your item] download” and you’ll likely find over a dozen blog-type websites that are offering your item for free.

Codecanyon is a major target for scripting thieves.. If you put your hard work on CodeCanyon, it WILL get stolen.. and like I said, there are dozens of websites that specialize in doing ONLY items from CodeCanyon, ThemeForest, GraphicOcean, AudioJungle, etc…

No matter how many DMCA notices you send to these websites, they will continue posting your stolen work. There is nothing anyone can do about it… You are a target just because you happened to post your work on an Envato marketplace..

On top of that, the demo pages to our items are often targeted for XSS attacks and SQL Injection attacks… The things authors have to put up with just because they want to create something useful… FFS..

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I need to obfuscate my JS files better then.

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

I recently received a couple of comments and emails asking for support from people who didn’t buy my codecanyon items, but copied directly from my demo site or somewhere else.

Just wondering is there anything I should do? What do you guys usually do? Should I get Envato Support to deal with them?

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

Wait: i’m the only fool that never thinks about self-purchasing item? So, probably now I’ve some answers about how can “they” sell so much per day…mm

I think a typical “self purchase” wont happen regularly but only for new items – especially when it suffers from low rating. In ThemeForest, many of us noticed new items having numbers like (5 sales + 3 ratings) while 2 weeks old item having 100+ sales still without 3 ratings.

In theory, self purchase habits can easily relate to ratings than popularity.

Actually, people who will buy their items are those popular authors who are on 70% commision rate as if they signup a new account and buy 100 license in one go, they don’t lose any money. 70% commision + 30% referral.

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

haha, I’m just curious. Someone might do it for the benefits of getting listed as the most popular weekly items

yes you would need hundreds of fake accounts and it would cost hundreds of dollars a week (can only withdraw once a month). plus depositing money generally doesn’t have a fee, however withdrawing money generally does have some sort of fee along the way (currency conversion etc..). so in the long run it would be extremely time consuming and likely to fail (ie: flagging an alert to envato about fishy activity). and you would be better off pumping money into proven sales generation avenues like advertising or support.

think of all the authors who are on 70% permanently, envato will have ways to track and stop this kind of activity anyway.

cool

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

\\

haha, I’m just curious. Someone might do it for the benefits of getting listed as the most popular weekly items

56 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
leli2000 says

So some can signup a new account, and then purchase 1000000 licenses of their own item. They will get 70% + 30% referral commission, which means they don’t lose any money. But their items will become the most popular one in the marketplace which leads to good sales.

Envato should do something to prevent this from happening, maybe lower the commission rate a little bit.

by
by
by
by
by
by