Posts by lifwanian

1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys, is there a way that I could call a function through another file’s code? I have the main file, and within it is a loader which calls another swf file. What im trying to do is when the user clicks on the sound button, the function from the main file would be called. I would just turn the sound off, but the function has many different things that happen, so I really need to call the function instead.

Thanks, Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys. Is there a way to make the sound on a website turn off when a link is clicked and another window is opened. Then when the user goes back to the regular page, the sound goes back on…

I have a site where the music is playing, but I have a button which brings up a slideshow movie on a different page. The movie also has different music playing, but I dont want them to interfere…

Thanks, Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

I have in the main scene of the site where the intro swf file is loaded, through a loader component. I was wondering if there is a way to preload the intro swf file in the preload scene of the main file. So like when you go to the site, and everything loads, if the intro swf file could be loaded too.

In the main scene of the main file, I have the following :

_root.mcLoader.loadClip(“home.swf”,myLoader);

Thanks for all the help, Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys, I created an xml gallery, and everything works great. But if I call the swf file from my main site file, the pictures begin to overlap, and become off centered. I know this isnt much to list, but theres so much that I was just wondering if anyone knows where to begin….

THanks! Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

hey guys. I created an XML gallery for my site, and I was wondering if you could help me out with it. I have everything working fine, if its for a single gallery. Now I want to make it categorized. So if someone presses on the first category, it will go to the frame, and on that frame it would load the pictures needed.

I have it working to a point. ex. category 1 – 3 pictures category 2 – 4 pictures.

Actionscript on each category frame just includes the “include(“category…. .xml”);

If I press on category 1, it will load the 3 pictures fine. If I press on category 2, it also loads fine. But if I press on category 1 again, it loads the 3 new ones, which is good (replaces the first 3), but keeps the 4th pic from category 2…

I was wondering, if there is a way to clear the loaded pictures everytime a category button is pressed.

Thanks for the help! Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys. Im trying to place some items at the very corners of my site, and Im having a bit of trouble.

Before, I used stage.align = “TL”;

and having something like

icon_mc.onEnterFrame = function() { this._x = stage.width – 50; this._y = stage.height – 50; }

This worked before. But now for new site, I need to have stage.align = “C”; and now the onEnterFrame seems to work very weird. Doesnt work anymore. I tried to create a listener way, but that didnt seem to work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.. Justin

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

sweet! Thanks!

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys. Im trying to center my site, since its kind of a fullscreen site. But if I do 100% for the height and width, and the aligns middled, I just end up having the file fullscreen but in the top left corner.

What i really need done is to have the file centered vertically and horizontally and still have the height and width 100%...

The only way I can think of is a resize listener, but then I would have to create everything on the main scene into one movie clip, and I really dont wanna do that..

Thanks for the help!

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

Hey guys. Im trying to center my site, since its kind of a fullscreen site. But if I do 100% for the height and width, and the aligns middled, I just end up having the file fullscreen but in the top left corner.

What i really need done is to have the file centered vertically and horizontally and still have the height and width 100%...

The only way I can think of is a resize listener, but then I would have to create everything on the main scene into one movie clip, and I really dont wanna do that..

Thanks for the help!

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

great!! Thanks everyone for all the help!

Justin

by
by
by
by
by
by