Posts by matt5409

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

thanks guys! @andrvlad – probably more task management focussed, at least to begin with

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi guys

I’m toying with the idea of creating a small app which is designed to manage day to day tasks in digital agencies. I’ve a few ideas to make it unique and more focussed, to differentiate it from many others on the market.

If you use or have used task management software, I’d really appreciate you spending 30 seconds to complete this survey. Thanks!

SURVEY: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YBXCC98

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi all

I’ve been a member of TF for over a year now and have created three portfolio items. I’m a web developer by trade with a keen eye for design, but I’d like to pair with a designer – a GREAT designer – to create some fantastic projects with. It would obviously be a 50/50 split. I’m skilled with Drupal and Magento, and mobile-first web development. I’m learning Wordpress now.

I’ve got a LOT to offer in terms of ideas, front-end build and user experience planning. My goal would be to start working towards a business model which creates templates and offer support (paid support + hourly-charged dev work). Ideally I want to work with somebody in the UK so that we can chat or even meet up if you’re local (I’m in Yorkshire).

Any interest?

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

thanks guys. I know it’s pocket change compared to many on here, but I’m proud :)

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

the concept is good (though I must say, not original) but the execution isn’t very good. there are numerous type issues, it’s also quite laggy and you also include brand logos which is against terms.

just try to refine it and resubmit once you’re REALLY happy

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

I signed up here a few months ago and uploaded 3 themes. Having started a new job 5 weeks ago I’ve barely had chance to even login to TF and have just realised I’ve broken the $100 barrier ($110.60) – not bad considering I’ve had no time to check out the site! Thankfully there has been no support requests. I’ll try to visit more often from now on and keep an eye on things :)

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

I’m not really clued up on WP development (as much as the guys here anyway) but I think the best way to start would be with a blank theme, like Blank Slate or Starkers.

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Just lost a day of work, trying to delete your demo content. Of course “it’s clearly the theme demo content” but problem is; that I can not delete them or hide them because “save options” button stop working after I’ve tried to delete them The folder PERMS are set to: 0755 I can not change tagline neither through made theme or general settings. Simply wordpress has to be re-install and I have to start all over again. i hope you can understand how upset I am right now.

perhaps you should contact the theme author instead of posting “shame on you!” on the forum ;)

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Recently, I’ve bought Made magazine template, at themeForest.com. I’m very happy with template but I’m very disappointed in ThemeForest. They use my money and my domain to advertise theirs on site for free. What a spam! Shame on you!!!

please, think before you post. as is stated already, it’s clearly the theme demo content you’re seeing. simply remove it.

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

I actually think that there are a LOT of similarities between some of the work here. I honestly don’t think it’s because people genuinely copy others work. Sure, we all get inspired by others, but anybody creative enough to get approved will have the skill to also develop from the foundation of the ideas of others.

TBH I don’t think the examples you’ve given can constitute plagiarism…

by
by
by
by
by
by