Not sure if this has already been mentioned (this is another mighty long thread!) but in the Paypal transaction details each month it says:
Custom note: Envato Aug 2014 Commission Payment
So the notion that this is anything but a commission payment is really flawed.
The spinning animations on the previews are really off-putting, I know it’s tempting when you’re starting out to just go for it with animations but you’ll quickly learn that less is more
It’s quite a striking and unique look – well done on that
- Features are a little lacking, I’d suggest working on some additional pages (eg. about, services etc). Even though this is primarily a portfolio, these pages (when well constructed) will always add value and sales potential.
- Additional nav options would be nice, for example, having a vertical nav bar down the side.
- Bulk out your blog a little more – there are only 2 short text posts. Add some gallery posts etc to give that blog listing page a little more life
- Use a smooth CSS loader. These portfolio themes always feel more slick when you use a unique and interesting loader. Given that you see the loader upon clicking each page, this makes it an element that requires more attention.
- I think you could make more use of the horizontal scrolling pages (like the project pages) as on a screen like mine (27” iMac) the standard vertical page looks a little sparse with all the black around it.
Keep working on it, it’s a cool concept
A difficult choice indeed! They are both stunning themes that anyone would be proud to call their portfolio.
Myself, I really can’t go past Lobo’s delicious blog with slow-mo parallax nav bar
efectivas saidTotally wrong nd demotivational comment. Try to improve your item’s quality rather than blaming the reviewers. You quit after 3 rejections only !!!!! I got accepted my last te,plate after 8 rejections. The rejections are only for your improvements. Read the item submission guidelines and submit your items then.
No one knows what hard reject means. They just ignore everybody and support in this company doesn’t exist. I made 3 email templates and 2 html templates, every hard rejected. I do not try to guess what I should fix and just change it and sell as individual project for some client.
This guys has the right attitude!
I suggest going to similar news sites (not necessarily themes) and take particular note of how much content they have in view at any given time – your page seems so full of content to the point where it creates a bit of a claustrophobic effect.
I’d also reccomend ditching the smallest column content as things like the ‘recent post’ tile has titles that are only a few words long – how would this work for a longer (more realistic) post title?
Just discovered Talk Talk – Spirit Of Eden, if you haven’t heard it – do yourselves a favour!
I find the criteria for ‘trending’ a little confusing still (yes I read the article). For example, one of our latest items has had over 300 sales and 15 five star reviews in just over 2 weeks and it is not considered trending? I would have thought this would be the very definition of trending!
Could anyone shed some light?