Who ever fixed it, thank you! It went through. I can go to sleep now.
Not cool, we’ve been working like 15+ zombie hours/day in the past week just to get this update released today. Hopefully someone is doing something about this.
We would like to ask the Envato reviewer who rejected our latest submission – twice – MetroPlus, to please give us some clarifications.
Rejected item: http://mosaicpro.biz/metroplus/php/
Aparently, the reason was that it’s too similar with this item: http://mosaicpro.biz/metroadmin/php/
We may be blind, or maybe there’s something wrong with us, but we really can’t see those similarities for which our item was rejected. From our point of view, it’s a completely different layout, design & concept, inspired from the Metro design language.
Thank you in advance.Quote from the rejection message:
Unfortunately your submission MetroPlus – Premium Metro UI Admin Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.
Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:
This is too similar to one of your item – http://themeforest.net/item/metro-premium-admin-template/4111914
Thank you for your advice, well taken & appreciated. We’ll update the documentation as detailed as possible.
One more thing, do you think we need to contact support to rate the documentation after we upload an update?
BenSheppard I seriously think you are wrong.
First of all this is an Admin Template which means it will be implemented by someone with some fair knowledge of HTML.
I don’t think that showing the style of headings in this format:
Heading 1 h2. Heading 2 H3. Heading 3 h4. Heading 4 h5. Heading 5 h6. Heading 6
as oppose to what you’re saying :
h1. Heading1would affect the value of the documentation especially being the case in the Admin Templates where I think it’s more about showing where and how each feature is structured.
We have spread the documentation in:http://mosaicpro.biz/beautyadmin/dev/documentation/getting-started.html http://mosaicpro.biz/beautyadmin/dev/documentation/customization-guide.html
Personally I think the reviewer skipped looking at the new documentation and it’s sections.
P.S. I have seen other Admin templates with 30% of what we detailed in there.
We’re kinda new here, so we’ve got our first item approved and noticed the documentation was rated as “Some help”. What does that even mean? What should we do for this documentation to be rated as Well documented?
Here’s the documentation in question: http://mosaicpro.biz/beautyadmin/dev/documentation.html
PS. We’re not saying that the current documentation IS really well documented, but “Some help” sounds a bit … like there was no effort at all put in the writing and it’s format – not that nice, we think.
With that in mind, what we’re really asking is: what should this documentation have in order to be considered a “Well documented” item.
Thank you all in advance.
There is no 1 Click ready-to-go implementation (like installing a theme in wordpress) although that is not a bad idea
Most admin templates are implemented in custom websites / cms by taking the necesary html blocks and connecting it with your own functionality so that when you give an admin panel to your clients it would have a nice user interface.
OpenCart, Wordpress etc have so many options especially in the admin section that it would need a custom Admin template created just for that to cover each specific option.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t start implementing an admin template into your own opencart, wordpress, etc. But it will take a lot of time even if you’re an experienced developer.
I think if you would do the following things it will increase the chances of being approved:
- Choose another/multiple font(s): Arial everywhere looks a bit dull
- Improve/refine your main menu … add some style to it or make it so it has a particularity not just regular font…
- Make the headings/subheadings match… one thing I noticed it’s hard to distinguish what is a heading or subheading .. methodology vs flow
- Use better font size and maybe check some elite members how they space everything out
- Make the recent post section cleaner… links with blue regular text with white… your text & links are the same color (BAD)...
- Maybe use more color shades in text/links etc… same idea as the twitter line…
- Use better font sizes & spacing to make the item look more professional
Hope it helps.
Thanks for the quick reply.
You are right in saying that it’s not finished but I was planning on v126.96.36.199.6
Could you give me some ideas on what kind of aspects you have in mind when you say doesn’t look fully polished? are you thinking of putting more icons? or overall additions to the current style like shades, shadows etc
My first Item, my first rejection
I got a rejection that doesn’t help(to general).
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
The item consists in 8 responsive html pages based on bootstrap.
To check out the item in discussion:
1. Login Page
1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.
2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.
3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.
Thanks you in advance.