Posts by mtrue321

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
mtrue321 says

Anyone who says their isn’t a market for Drupal themes is misinformed. As the OP mentioned, Drupal has more capabilities than any other CMS—and to be honest, it’s not even close.

The problem is that the Drupal category on ThemeForest has no development standards, and as a result, we see a lot of low quality products coming from low quality developers. This is why these themes don’t sell, it has nothing to do with Drupal. Customers here want themes that are easy to use and customize, they expect a hassle free experience. Can you really blame them for going with WP themes instead?

When we start seeing authors release products that are developed specifically for Drupal, instead of half-ass*d conversions of HTML or WP themes which rely on a mess of shortcodes and modules, the doubters here will see that Drupal (as a CMS) was never the issue.
+1000
6 posts
mtrue321 says

I think you’re missing my point. My post was not “can someone please make more Drupal themes?”. The fact is, there are themers out there making Drupal themes and that is not going to change and your “data” (IMO) is totally skewed.

My post was about – if you’re going to be a Drupal themer, how about pushing some new/interesting designs rather than the constant regurgitation of the same exact layout??

6 posts
mtrue321 says

> Creative Agencies make up for a lot of the traffic from what I read / see, or well, a good part of buyers are exactly that.
> Niche themes’ target is obviously smaller, especially on Drupal which…is it even worth it to make Drupal themes?
> Obviously, there’s your answer. No money

And usually “niche themes” require “better design”, because it now doesn’t need to appeal to everyone. In theory and practice (judging by Drupal sales), it’s just not feasible to do it.

Not feasible to make quality/unique Drupal themes… That sounds like a comment from a die-hard WP themer. Drupal is the #1 open source framework (of it’s level of capabilities) with millions of sites and a massive community, a comment like “it’s not feasible to make Drupal themes”, makes me even more disappointed…
6 posts
mtrue321 says

I read another post about how a (wordpress) theme designer’s latest theme was rejected because of “over saturation” of the type of design he submitted. Is Envato watching the Drupal category? Almost all of the Drupal themes coming out for the last 6-8 months have all been exactly the same.

I have been looking to TF exclusively for my Drupal theme needs, for a long time now, but now I am starting to look elsewhere for some variety. TF desperately needs some originality and niche offerings when it comes to the Drupal themes being sold. We’re getting tired of the same old (creative-related) themes, with the exact same layouts and only differing in slight styling and imagery.

A plea to the Drupal designers: Stop designing all your themes for creative agencies! We need themes for our clients’ industries, not our own!

6 posts
mtrue321 says

First let me say that all the theme designers on here are awesome, I only wish that all the Drupal themes coming out weren’t almost exactly the same, with the exception of a handful of unique and niche themes.

I can pull up 10 themes right now that are almost carbon copies of each other, just slight tweaking in CSS.

I have to believe that there is much more creativity within the TF author community than what is coming out for Drupal themes. Why aren’t more unique themes coming out and why aren’t more industry niche themes coming out? It seems like every theme author is designing their themes for the “creative” industry.

I love TF and have made many purchases here, I only hope to see more creative differentiation start to happen.

6 posts
mtrue321 says

It is crazy how many themes exist for creative types, like web design companies… With theme focuses on portfolios and “our recent work”, etc. Why aren’t more themes developed for industries that us developers need to build sites for?

It’s even crazier that as awesome as Drupal is, that there are almost NO themes on here for nightclubs/bars and restaurants.

That being said… I have purchased several themes on here, from some really great theme developers. I would love to see some of you guys put up some really great themes for the Food & Beverage industries! They need sites and we need your bad-ass themes!!

So how about it? Which “elite author” is going to get some wicked themes up for nigthclubs and restaurants???

by
by
by
by
by
by