Posts by mygeek911

3 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mygeek911 says

For your information, I actually DID purchase that script today along with a theme from Themeforest. Between the two, I was able to come up with $59. I don’t imagine I’ll end up spending that additional $1 in my prepaid credit, but that is more palatable to me than the other ($2 surcharge for a $4 item).

3 posts
mygeek911 says

Assuredly, I am not the “same guy showing up at intervals” as guessed by doru. If I were, I would have used a spam handle and not one that I use everywhere else on the Internet. And thank you VF for recognizing the beef, so to speak, of my complaint.

To be honest, I was looking at getting 3D Box 006. My biggest gripe is the fact that it shows as $4, and it wasn’t until after registering that the additional $2 surcharge became clear. That added 50% to the cost. In the United States, advertising as such is called bait and switch and it is cause for legal action of false advertising; kindly note, however, that Envato is out of Australia and as such is out of reach of U.S. law and regulations.

Had the purchase price (before account login or creation) stated the cost was $6 upfront, I wouldn’t have had an issue at all and I may have considered purchasing prepaid credit to reduce it to $4. The problem with prepaid credit, however, is that I recently had another site that went belly up and I lost about $15 worth of credit. That loss didn’t leave a positive taste in my mouth.

Regardless of how you all feel about the surcharge, I can tell you that rather than pay out of principle, I went elsewhere where the cost was upfront. This in effect denied Envato and srvalle, the developer of the script, money that I would have otherwise spent here. While I may be only one person complaining about the charge, I am sure that there are others who have taken their money elsewhere.

3 posts
mygeek911 says

First impression for me: bait-and-switch. This is not honest folks. It wasn’t until AFTER I created an account that the $2 surcharge was shown. An unfortunate error, as I likely will not purchase. I don’t like my money held hostage to these kinds of tactics.

by
by
by
by
by
by