Posts by ned4spd8874

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ned4spd8874 says

I just learned that my current theme is no longer supported (Arras Classical Gamer). I’m in the middle of migrating the site to different hosting, so I figure this is as good a time as any to make a switch.

My site is a movie related site. It features posts with information for films as well as reviews. There are also posts that have stills, trailers, interviews, etc. for upcoming films.

The things that I like about my current site are the slider (SliderPRO purchased here) and the slider below to highlight the upcoming film posts. The bottom slider can be a different style, I just like that it’s near the top and highlighted.

After that, just a section or two for other film posts or past posts. You can see my current theme at: http://aftercredits.com/

I would appreciate any help! I’ve looked at quite a few themes so far and my favorites are RT-Theme 18 Responsive, Photoform – Photography, MovieScope – Responsive, Oblivion – The Ultimate Multi-Purpose Gaming Theme, Inovado, Avada, Gonzo and Dandelion. However, none of them absolutely pop out at me and make me to to hurry up and get it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 posts
ned4spd8874 says

I run a WordPress powered site that catalogs which films have those bonus scenes shown either during or after the credits. It uses GD Star Rating and the Colored Votes plugins to obtain user ratings for certain things. I have been recently informed that GD is causing errors on the back end and that it could be a potential disastrous problem if not addressed.

I have been looking for quite some time now for a plugin that works much like it does, but have not found any good alternatives. I use GD for two things. 1. To get general visitor ratings for films (1-5 stars), and 2. to allow visitors to vote if the bonus scene is worth sticking around for or not (thumbs up/down).

I also just recently starting using the Colored Votes plugin to allow visitors to vote on if 3D/IMAX/HFR was worth the extra coin or not as well.

The Colored Votes plugin works great and I really don’t have a reason to get rid of it, but since this is a requests forum, it doesn’t hurt to ask. Combine multiple to make a smaller footprint???

Anyways, an ideal plugin for me would be to simple combine GD and Colored Votes, but without the potential catastrophic failure of my site due to bad coding.

What I like about GD is that it uses shortcode. I can simply pop in the shortcode for the star rating on the post and it does the rest. The same with the thumbs rating, just pop in the shortcode and it’s done.

Colored Votes works great, but it is a kind of hassle to get it running. I have to create the poll and then I can insert it’s shortcode into the post. Not terribly difficult, but could be easier in my opinion. But I love the horizontal multi rating system, I’ve been looking for something like that for a while and just about jumped for joy when I finally found it!

Can anyone do this for me? Or perhaps does anyone already have something like this out there?

Here is a good example of a post that has all three visitor ratings areas: http://aftercredits.com/2014/03/300-rise-of-an-empire-2014/

3 posts
ned4spd8874 says

Is there something like this out there? I can’t seem to find it if there is. I’m looking for a membership/subscription plug-in for WordPress that I can present specific content to paid members and also remove ads on my site for. Is that possible?

by
by
by
by
by
by