15 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Thanks for those that have contacted me about this and I have talked with a few potential devs. So I am no longer looking for anyone – cheers ;o)

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Could it be a permalink problem? I had to reset the permalinks for my plugin to show up?

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Hey Guys,

I am sure this kind of thread has been started a hundred times already but I was wondering if there is a developer that is already a TF author looking for a designer?

I have several designs almost ready to go into development and I will more than likely list them in the PSD category first. But if anyone wants to partner up and develop the designs into a WP theme to sell on here, then please get in touch.

Skype: neilpearce01 Email neil.pearce1975 at gmail dot com

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

I wouldn’t! We already have Freelance Switch and I bet many authors get freelance gigs through their themeforest portfolio?

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Thats quite a nice theme but probably lacks creativity? Then again I couldn’t have been more creative with my latest PSD design that also got rejected – exact response as you I might add

http://www.neilrpearce.co.uk/2012/03/16/food-4-thought-wp-theme-design/
15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

I am certainly interested if you are still looking? I am working on a few designs right now and I don’t know if I would have the time to develop them as yet? I was going to sell them as PSD ’s only?

Thanks

Neil

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

It can vary a lot. For example, I did my Unite HTML version in a month, then another month for the WP version. My most recent theme, Mingle, took over 3 months working on average 12 hours a day. The difference is I built a new WP framework just for this theme’s release which was about 2 of those months. I’m probably one of the slower developer/designers on ThemeForest if I had to guess.

Wow! the sales from those themes alone should have set you up for a while. I really like your work – very nice!

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Cheers all, i will say that i am not under any elusion of what i can and cannot earn on here and i will only be looking at supplementing my income. I have heard authors being offered other work outside of themeforest? Makes sense as this marketplace would make a great portfolio of anyones work.

Looking forward to becoming an author anyways and this advice has taken heed!

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

Cheers guys for all your replies.

I think a month a theme sounds achievable for me but who knows? I am used to designing and building websites but that’s always been under clients requests and as we all know, they can make some bloody stupid ones that draaaaaaag out the process.

So designing and building with more freedom is all new to me. I am getting better at front-end development everyday but it’s the back-end that i struggle on. WP is a wonderful thing, but i can understand what redfactory says about knowing it inside out would no doubt speed up my workflow.

Thanks again!

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
neilp123 says

I have been forced to start my own freelance business and to be honest i am quite excited about it. My first port of call is themeforest and just out of interest, i wondered how long do you guys take to get your template finished.

I mean, as soon as your happy do you submit it or do you carry one tweaking it? The thing is, i can get carried away and do tend to be quite fussy. I am my worst Critique so i will need to give myself a realistic deadline?

Thanks all

Neil

by
by
by
by
by
by