I have rMBP 15” and a wired keyboard. I must say that I prefer the macbook’s keyboard – it’s feels nicer somehow, but they are both about as awesome.
The only thing that I hate about the wired keyboard is that the ` button is next to the Z key, instead of below the ESC key. I use it a lot when switching windows (photoshop tabs for example) and it’s annoying when you move back and forth between the wired keyboard and the laptop. You just can’t get used to it because it’s always in a different place Just something to have in mind. I don’t know if the wireless keyboard’s ` key is in the correct place, I would switch in an instant if it was.
I’d be very interested to know what this app does that hits the hourly limits of 3 different api keys (why borrow from someone? Just make more in your account area?)
Lol it’s not what you think I’m just relaunching it constantly as I’m working on it and eventually I hit the limit. Hm, I thought the API limits were based on the user, not the API key itself? Or am I wrong?
I would like to add something as well.
1. The biggest problem that I got into is that I can’t get all items for an author. There is only API to get the number of items for an author in each marketplace, but that’s all. I have to parse each page of the author’s portfolio, on each marketplace that he has items published.
2. Comments: number of comments per product, get the 20 most recent comments, etc. Right now I have to fetch the entire atom feed for each product, just to see if there is a new comment.
3. API for posting comments – I would love to have an app that can do that.
4. Amount sold (not earnings, but total amount sold) – this is I don’t see why this isn’t in the API. It’s not really private info, anyone can calculate it by getting the earnings by month from the API and then work from there with decent accuracy. But for developers “decent” isn’t quite good. For example – I want to know when an author hits exactly (or just above) $75,000 in amount sold, and I can’t do that using the API.
5. “Developer” API keys with much higher hourly limit – right now I’m developing an app and I’m using 3 API keys – mine and two borrowed from my friends. And I’m still constantly hitting the max requests per hour limit. Getting an “unlimited” API key by contacting support would be cool. It’s painful to develop an app with the current API limit.
While I am grateful that Envato has provided API, I must say that it needs some work and these are my top 5 feature requests.
Parallelus saidI thought it was an internet joke that their marketing team designed these icons.
Not everyone loves the new look, and Apple have already said the icons will be updated for the final release.Did they? Where?
You might be right, this could be just rumor. I think it was the alternate icons that showed up on their website the day after and comments like the one below giving me this impression.Many of the new icons were primarily designed by members of Apple’s marketing and communications department … there were multiple teams inside each group that were competing with various designs, leading to what some see as inconsistencies in icon design. Those may well be hammered out in days ahead. http://www.fastcodesign.com/1672819/who-designed-ios-7-s-icons-apple-s-marketing-departmentI probably just said it wrong but should have double check this first.
I’m sceptic about this rumor… I couldn’t find a quote from Apple anywhere and I can’t imagine them saying “Oh, we let the marketing team do the icons”.
Not everyone loves the new look, and Apple have already said the icons will be updated for the final release.
Did they? Where?
@ercn1903 It’s going to be a while until it comes out @matsteiner There will be push notifications for sales. I’m still thinking about how often you should receive those. It can get pretty annoying if you sell often And I’m looking to improve the marketplace statistics in the next version.
When the rating of one of your products changes, it will show up in that tab
Mmmm… in this case I’m afraid it doesn’t work, since the rating of my products has change many times since I purchased the app. Little changes, for instance from 4.65 to 4.64: should it display these changes too?Manuel
There might be a bug that I haven’t catched, or it might be the Envato API. It shows only the rounded rating (4.5, 5), not a floating point like in the marketplace site (4.64, 4.65) and maybe that’s why the app doesn’t detect it.
It’s hard to debug those things because it works now and it worked while I was coding it. If it was a website I would just open the inspector and see what’s what, but can’t do that with apps
Anyway, 2.0 is a complete rewrite so those bugs will go away and completely new ones will appear
@JBlanks – The app won’t get approved if I link to the forums. It got rejected before for linking to the dashboard page to get an API key, because themeforest is potentially a website in which you can spend money. Which is agains the rules of the app store.
@LumenMedia – I’m still considering it. The problem is that I can’t publish paid apps from my country and I will have to count on ads for revenue, which is not desirable. If I can figure out the business model for Android, I will port it.
@bilbo_b – I can’t say yet, it depends if I decide to support iOS 6, or only iOS 7. It’s not going to be within the next month or so, that’s for sure.