Posts by nix1980nix

63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nix1980nix says

You could correct my rejection type too, but it seems nobody cares.

I care! :-)

Although I’m not sure which item it is you’re referring to or the issue(s) you’re having. Submit a support ticket with your inquiry and send over the ticket number (via my profile contact form) and I’ll look into it asap.

Thanks!

63 posts
nix1980nix says

Hi Daniel,

I’ve corrected the rejection type of your original review (it should have been soft-rejected so it could be fixed/improved and resubmitted) and have contacted the reviewer regarding the exact improvements required for this flyer to be accepted. We will be in touch with you again as soon as possible with more information.

Thanks!

You could correct my rejection type too, but it seems nobody cares.

63 posts
nix1980nix says

Same happened to me. I sent improved work and reviewer said the same thing that I didn’t make any improvement. It’s useless for me to say anything, I guess. Btw. I like your fyler very much.

63 posts
nix1980nix says

donnie darko… :)

63 posts
nix1980nix says

You should take a few days off from this project, and have a look at other text-styles, then revisit it. Not saying it’s bad, but you know you can do better, just can’t see it while obsessing about it, reviewers saying the truth to the face, and well… it being your own creation.

I personally would drop the outline slightly as now it’s overpowering. Also, on the spongy one… consider the fact that if the surface is spongy, the highlights provided by the “bevel” are flat and shiny, hence contradicting with the generally perforated surface. These are details you might not have noticed and that’s why I’m suggesting the above solution before resubmitting.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for an answer, but I didn’t get any constructive suggestion from 2nd reviewer 2nd time. Reviewer said that I didn’t make any changes and that is what bothers me. If I would send it for the 3rd time and if reviewer would think again that I didn’t make any changes what then? I expected an answer what to do and not copy/paste of threat with ban based on something that is not true (because I did make changes). I’ve sent 2nd time my work with message to reviewer that I did make improvements. But I have a feeling that nobody read my message and that nobody looked closely to my work to see improvements. I must know WHAT TO DO with those styles before I send them 3rd time, especialy if they think I didn’t make any changes.

And of course, I was looking at other text styles for many many times, but some of those seems similar to me and many of those are brilliant of course, but I simply don’t want to make something that is similar to all other work. I could, but I can’t and I don’t want to. I want to make something different.

I’ll take your suggestions and try to improve it more and I will see what works and what doesn’t, but I can’t send it 3rd time without sending them ticket first with question. I don’t want to obsess about it since it’s really not in my interest to force something they don’t like or for what they think is not good enough. This is the first time I’m sending again rejected thing since it’s the first time it was soft rejected. If they don’t want those styles, I’ll be happy not to send them those anymore. But if there is chance that they could approve them, I would rather not to have such problems in communication with few different reviewers. I must notice them that I DID make changes, so they could decide and tell me should I make some more changes or will they decide to reject it completely.

I actualy agree with you about outline. I think it shouldn’t be there for all sponge styles since sponges don’t have outlines.. sometimes they do, but I gave outline to some of them simply to give them more stronger and sharp feel and because it was asked from reviewer to do it and I actualy think they look better with improvements.

To be completely honest, I think I made some really beautiful glassy text styles that were hard rejected and that were even more beautiful than this sponge styles IMO . I also think they were something not so common on GraphicRiver, but unfortunately they’re rejected. Actualy, when I look all those text styles on GR I actualy want to make something different and not something similar to other work. I can’t find pleasure in doing something that is already here. I know that you think probably more about quality of work than style of those text styles, but if reviewers don’t like my text styles, I really can’t do much about it.

Once again, thanks for reply.

63 posts
nix1980nix says

I’ve made this text styles first time: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6916/spongepreview.jpg

The soft rejectetion I got from 1st reviewer was: —1) Pretty cool idea but it’s executions needs more work.

2) The texture is fine but they miss an outline to give them a more sharp look. Add some more effects to it and we’d be happy to give it another look.—-

Then, I uploaded it with improvements 2nd time: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6122/spongepreviewnew.jpg

And 2nd reviewer send me this:

—This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship. If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.

And now I’m wondering why do I bother at all? He obviously didn’t see that I made changes or is he thinking that changes are not big enough? I don’t want to turn sponge into metal. I also send a message to reviewer to tell him which changes I made.

Why my work can’t be reviewed by the same reviewer that gave me 1st soft rejection?

Can’t reviewer simply take more than 3 seconds to look at my improved file and compare it with my previous file?

What should I do now? Send a ticket?

63 posts
nix1980nix says

To be honest, I really like this flyer. It’s not kitschy, yet it’s still good and elegant. I think if this main text “Party Night” is more above, over her legs, the whole thing would seem much more cohesive. Btw, girl is hot :)

63 posts
nix1980nix says

There’s a difference between posting links to your rejected files and asking for feedback on how to improve them so that they can be accepted for sale (allowed) and posting links to files you’re giving away for free (not allowed). Of course, there are probably threads out there linking to files and giving them away for free that I missed. However, I will remove the links if I see them :)

No, I didn’t say there are threads where people are giving for free their files, but all threads have links to their rejected files. Ok, so now we understand each other, I guess ;)

63 posts
nix1980nix says

Yes you can do whatever you want with your files, but you can’t link to them on these forums :)

I don’t understand since I’ve already linked to few of my rejected files and all members here also post here their rejected files? And their files are not removed! How’s that? Is it because I said that I’ll share them for free with anybody who wants it? Ok, so if I say that I will not share it for free then it’s ok for it to be uploaded? Sorry, but I don’t get it since that fact that we can’t post here our rejected files is probably news from today or something like that. I didn’t post link to accepted file, but to rejected file. Since it is rejected I can’t sell it or promote it in proper way since public here will trust more to Envato’s opinion about my rejected files than to my own opinion ;)

63 posts
nix1980nix says

I can’t do whatever I want with my files that are rejected? So, I can post links to my rejected files only when I want some negative and nonsense opinion here about my rejected files, but when I post rejected files and when I say that they are great they are removed then? So, ok… next time I’ll say that my work sucks after I posted it here, so it will not be removed then from topic as long as my opinion about my work is same as opinion of Envato reviewers.

No, thank You!

by
by
by
by
by
by