Posts by psychoguy911

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
psychoguy911 says

I check out the non-profit templates category weekly. My current site is fhu.com and it’s disjointed. It’s going to be a huge thing to switch from a static site, managed by many different people over a span of a decade, to a CMS, but I’d love to do it to make things cohesive.

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

The white house with the presidents in theory can be used but in practice it falls under the “famous people can’t be used” rule. so is why you don’t see them around. But rules may change, who knows
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there a rule like this might be the reason you don’t see this sort of thing. What a shame. If material is proved to be public domain, there is no legal reason to prevent authors from using it to promote their items, which would result in more sales for everyone! And it could also serve for inspiration for authors to create different types of items.
12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

I have a long, multi-cam video of a keynote presentation with a single presenter/speaker, and I’m looking to create a ~5 minute video with some engaging clips. I’ve noticed none of the video previews on videohive projects have spoken audio. I understand video editors aren’t voiceover artists, but aren’t all White House videos public domain? A video editor could put together an impressive/inspiring collage of speeches from past presidents using that copyright-free footage. I imagine that most corporate openers are probably usable for what I’m trying to do.

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

Just as the subject states, I’d prefer to have an option of removing this. When I’m searching for a suitable theme or template, every preview I click, I also click the remove frame button. My reasoning is that I want to get a vibe of the designer’s work, as a visitor would see it. I can’t properly assess first impressions or the above the fold content with the Envato frame.

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

The themeforest RSS feed DOES NOT show me your product main image or thumbnails. It ONLY shows the description. If your description doesn’t have an image that highlights your product, potential customers don’t see what the product looks like on RSS, and so they’ll scroll past your item when reviewing their feeds.

Is this helpful? It’s meant to be constructive. Perhaps Envato can update their feeds to include the product main photo.

Marc

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

I know already this might get a lot of flack and let me say right now that I’m not looking to build a CodeCanyon or PhotoDune or whatever clone :) I’m working with a client that has a shopping cart with thousands of items, just like the Envato sites, and it struck me that something similar to Envato’s process would maybe work for these guys. What do you think about…

- a script that would integrate with a payment gateway and/or PayPal to allow users to buy credits and then make easy purchases just like on Envato sites

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

Someone should emulate this functionality/website… It’s pretty cool!

http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/

Direct linking: http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/2204

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

I’m going to be embedding an iFrame within Facebook that has a form with a few fields in it. I’d like for the user to not have to type their name and email address, because I know I can easily collect this through their Facebook profile, as I’ll know it’s a Facebook user accessing the page.

I’ll experiment with Facebook, but I’m new to it and I was wondering if this already existed to save me some time. Any thoughts are appreciated!

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

There isn’t really much to do, since BBpress is a plugin now. Pretty much you are just asking for people to add custom bbpress styles so it matches the theme?

Hey, I guess that is what I’m asking! If people add some custom styles then with perhaps only a little work they can have a big selling feature and stand out from the competition.

12 posts
  • Located in Canada
psychoguy911 says

Just throwing this out there. BuddyPress I’ve never really been a fan of, but having a discussion forum nicely integrated into my website? Yes please!

I don’t know what else to say, but I think this brings “community” themes to a new level if the ability to curate a discussion community is really integrated into the theme.

For an example, I’m setting up http://copd.ca/wordpress using the OPEN Community theme found here, and I’d like to include a forum along with great content to keep users engaged. I’m probably going to be embedding Vanilla Forums as a solution.

by
by
by
by
by
by