Learn more about basic design rules – typography, hierarchy, white space etc. After that check good designs here on TF and pay attention to it’s details, spend lot of time with that. Then you will eventually see the difference.
Did they really say that to you?
First I have to say that this design would probably be ok for some clients outside of TF but for here it is not good enough. First issue is typography, padding, margins etc. I suggest you to learn more about basic design rules.
Second – lack of uniques and that is also the most hard thing to achieve for template to be approved because it is somewhat subjective category.
In my opinion menu is the most problematic part of design, it doesn’t look good at all and also is not really functional.
Also, more imagination and attention to details is needed for design in general.
5. inline css not allowed.
6. The main preview should not be larger than 590px300px
7. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http:...link… ( remove broken links )
8. make sure the html is validated
9. .doc, .docx, .rtf and .txt are not allowed for docs, you need to use our templates or a PDF: – http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/the-documenter/40757?page=1 – http://goo.gl/hdw6E – http://themeforest.s3.amazonaws.com/108_helpFile/Template.zip
10. This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship. If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.
Add more decoration elements, textures, graphic etc that you can eventually remove later for html wp category to achieve popular minimal design.
When coding services will be possible for adding? I would like add PSD to HTML service.
At the beginning. First use some scrolling script and make “framework” with html. Then you can easy add html/css in every “section”.
4. Make sure the CSS file is well documented with proper table of content
It would be best if they all are in one account, so I can ask the same question. So why should I give the HTML & Wordpress versions to be uploaded at his/her account? They must be in somebody’s account! It is all about agreement and trust.
No trust over internet. Psd should be on designer’s account and if you develop it later in html and / or wp those versions go to your account. Designer handle customers on his/her account and psd version of work and you answering questions about your html/ wp work on your account. Simple as that.
Why designer who can make psd to be approved here would give it to be approved under your account?