You may need to give articles like this: http://shortiedesigns.com/2014/03/10-top-principles-effective-web-design/ to read to improve.
Basically, this forum is just a little too advanced for your design level. You need to start somewhere basic. My impressions of the themeforest forum isn’t to learn from ground upwards, it’s to improve already existing skills / professionalism.
Smashingmagazine, tutsplus – good sites.
Best advice I can give you man.
The devil is in the details. You are missing just some of the basic fundamentals.
I just want to list a few things that concern me, this is not meant to be harsh or anything.
First off, you should take a high quality screenshot of your design. Everything is really pixelated and it’s hard to offer good feedback with it like this.
Basic Fundamentals- Text consistency, try not to use 13px, 14px, 15px, 16px but rather have a good typographic palette to work off of. 13 – 16 pixels is a pretty good size these days for paragraph text. But use the same paragraph text size for your buttons for example..
- I understand English may not be your first language but you will have to do a better job at getting the spelling right. Typing define:word in google helps me a lot.
- Your spacing is sometimes actually quite good and consistent but it may be the difference in all the sections that is not making it work.
- Proportions, get the sizes right, don’t make something small and the next thing massive. We need to follow some kind of brand guideline here. It feels like you’ve gone with your gut based on your mood from day to day.
- Capitals vs Normal text, Pick one and stick with it if you’re skill in creating a typographic ruling isn’t your strongest point. I may suggest here that for scan reading you won’t want to use uppercase text. Just regular
- Consistency, consistency, consistency. If you are a web designer in profession or want to be one, you need this.
Looking at the Banner- Two sliders? Why are there two sets of circles?
- iPhone – You would never see that on an iPhone
- You can’t see “Clean”
- The Unique underline doesn’t span the full length of the text.
- Typos here are unacceptable, it’s the first impression you’re giving.
- A white shadow on the iPhone? Not too sure about that
I would suggest just browsing the themeforest website and seeing what other people have done different, which websites are at the top of their category and selling lots. I think that would be a good way of self-improvement.
Unique. But not in a good way.
Definitely an improvement! Good job. I like the toggle menu On to the rest!
I like this concept, it’s simple but the content you’re putting in makes it effective. What I think you got right is the simple and clean colours to make it feel really creative and engaging, but I think you’re losing out on logical spacing. I want to give feedback on this design only: http://d.pr/i/lXY5 . Because I think if you fix this one, the rest will follow suit.
What do I mean by this? - You have spacing inconsistency per section of your site (sections being: Who we are, Recent work etc.) Try to get the larger spacing around (on top and bottom of) the section, rather than in the middle of it.
- Logical Spacing: Our Experts columns have some mega margin on them, Our recent work is bunched up, I’m not sure what alignment your fun facts have and your Latest Blog Posts which is also 3 column has a different space allocation to the Our Experts part. I think you need to either straighten things up and feel the awesome feeling of flawless alignment or try to give this technique you have come up with make sense and work, and who knows it might be the next web hype
I know you can do it bro, you have been using a strict margin of 21 pixels for the lines under your titles.
Good luck, hope I was clear enough on everything and that you agree with me.
I would say, try to stay consistent with using capitals in your Group Layers. It looks nicer, less messy.
I want to submit my first design to themeforest soon, but I am very wary that this awesome marketplace does pay a lot of attention to its quality, rules, etc etc.
I was hoping if anybody with at least one PSD Upload could review my design for me, I don’t feel too comfortable posting it on the forums if that okay though.
If you can lend me a hand with this and add me on skype: rees903. I can return the favor anytime, I have a very sharp eye for web design .